Is there any recommodation for diving in Pulau Perhentian and Pulau Redang?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

malaysia-islands:
Obviously I haven't dived or stayed at all the resorts and dive outfits mentioned by others, but I have stayed in Redang Kalong Resort and really liked it.
I guess this was quite an old thread (March-2006, a lot of things have been done since then!). Obviously, I've logged two dives at each Perhentian and Redang last year. And stayed at a number of resorts too.

As of Perhentian, I have dived at Tokong Laut and Terumbu Tiga with Alu Alu Divers (does everyone know Alu Alu means barracuda in Malay? LOL). While in Redang, I dived at Paku Kecil and Kerengga with the dive centre at Redang Pelangi Resort.

As of the island resorts, I've added reviews on these following establishment. I hope this can be of help for our 2007 dive trip plans.

Resorts in Pasir Panjang Beach, Redang:
Redang Beach Resort (nice, modern, great room!)
Coral Redang Resort (more expensive, has swimming pool, average food and OK room)
Redang Holiday Resort (very secluded at the far end of the beach, nice hill chalets)
Redang Pelangi
Redang Bay (long-house room style, crowded in peak season)
Ayu Mayang Resort (nice resort, but don't know why they are closed and not sure when to reopen)
Desagreen Resort (under construction, should be ready in 2007 season, the buildings look great!)

Resorts in Teluk Dalam, Perhentian Besar:
Arwana Perhentian Eco Resort (good room, crowded buffet, extra-large pool, East Marine dive centre)
Flora Bay Resort (village-style resort, quite nice)
Fauna Beach Chalet (some-sort of Flora Bay's spin-off)
Samudra Beach Chalet (very basic)
Everfresh Resort (very basic)

malaysia-islands:
Bubu Long Beach Resort.

Yes, I have stayed here back in 2003. If you are looking for modern facilities with air-conditioned room and hot shower, this is your place. It usually sells a bit more expensive in peak season of May-Aug. RM320nett for 3D2N sounds like a good price in the opening season.
I emailed them bubu Long Beach Resort about their early season special and they replied back that they are SOLD OUT for Feb 18-20. Chinese New Year.

Any other recommendations on where to stay in Long Beach with aricon? Prefer to book ahead if possible.

Thanks.

I was in the Perhentians last August - dived with Turtle Bay Divers on Long Beach who were excellent. I think they offer decent aircon accommodation as well. Check their site.

I wrote up my Perhentian Scuba Diving trip on my own site.

We headed over to Redang for a couple of dives - it's about an hour away on a longtail. Turtle Bay can organise it for you and I highly recommend it - the diving over there was excellent - the viz is much better as it's deeper, so the currents push through. (They can be pretty strong too). Perhentians is still great though.

I would doublecheck about conditions before you go for diving - February is very early for the season. Email a few places and see what they say. The weather in SE Asia has been pretty crazy over the last few months so there might be abnormal conditions to consider.

I contacted Bubu resort directly and they had rooms, it must have been the booking service who was sold out of the special. Anyway, we arrive Feb 19, we booked their early-bird 2 night special including 2 dives per person, return speedboat, air-con room and 3 meals per day for RM 720 total price for the two. We'll stay on there if we like it or move somewhere else.

We are taking the overnight train from Bangkok to the Malaysian border, then taking a taxi to Kuala Besut jetty. After the Perhentians, we'll return to southern Thailand and eventually to Bangkok on 1 March.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom