is there ANYWHERE to do open water dives to finish certification before March?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you want to fly down to Florida for a couple days I will be happy to help you finish up.

I have found places locally that are willing to do it. The only problem is the extra cost of having to do a "dry suit" module because of the temperature of the water. That costs $125 and then they will take me up to willow springs and finish my dives. I'm strongly considering just finishing the dives up down in the caribbean even if it means less total diving just because I'd have to do a lot of driving, take an extra class, and be in freezing water. I may post to the forum suggested to see if anyone private wants to do it. Thanks again everyone!

If it's John at NESS, he's trying to rob you. I promise, the water at Willow was in the mid 40s on New Years day, and I'm sure it is still there. You can comfortably do 2 wetsuit dives if you go to the lobster shack in between to keep warm.

All the dive shops I've talked to have said that they will only do dry suit. If you guys know anyone that will do just wet suit (and you think it isn't dangerous) then I am all for that and would love to save the money! Send me their info!

Dry suits and 38 degree water simply does not work at all. First you will be extremely miserable, especially between dives and then your concetration will be shot too. A dry suit rental is not that much (typically $60 for a weekend). I PM'ed you. give me a call.

Back
Top Bottom