Is this a good idea for Cape Hatteras this spring?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaHound

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was thinking of driving down to Cape Hatteras for a weekend and sleeping in my SUV for the night. I will have a Honda Element with tent attachment and it is a lot of fun. I was thinking if there is a spot in Cape Hatteras where I can park n camp and wont be harassed by police or get robbed or be on someones private property. I have done this in Virginia and West Virgina and some places are easier than others. Does anyone know of a spot where I can park'n'sleep :eyebrow:

thanks

Way back... one could just drive out on the beach and spend the night. Very limited vehicle access these days. I suggest spending $20 and staying at one of the National Park Services campgrounds.

Seahound, camping on the OBX is done by a lot of people and there are many private campgrounds as well as the NPS ones. You can no longer park out on the beach at night so sleeping there is out. The best of the NPS campgrounds is in Frisco and has some spots with some really great views of the ocean. It is not too far from my house and I often go hiking over there and though not fancy has all the stuff you need for a good weekend of camping.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom