Question What to bring vs rent?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bring everything, rent nothing (preferred)

or

rent everything, bring nothing.
Trust, but verify!

My wife and I don't trust maintenance on rental gear and so we always bring our own gear. In addition, it is gear that fits us well and is familiar to us. The only real downside for us is that we have a checked bag and sometimes have to pay a $30 checked bag fee each way.

My wife and I don't trust maintenance on rental gear and so we always bring our own gear. In addition, it is gear that fits us well and is familiar to us. The only real downside for us is that we have a checked bag and sometimes have to pay a $30 checked bag fee each way.
About the same or better than the cost of renting.

My wife and I are friends with a couple who are experienced divers and have traveled all over (mostly, I believe, land-based resorts; liveaboards to a lesser extent), yet until recently they rented regs and BCs everywhere they went.

or

or

bring some stuff and rent the rest.

I love traveling light, so unless I am going on a liveaboard I only bring my mask and my dive computer.

We often have guests coming to our dive shop that bring their own weights. I really can't figure out why. The airlines must love them and their excess costs.

or

Or bring some stuff and rent the rest. Everyone has their own preferences. I have a prescription mask and my prescription is unusual, so…

So for the ring “some” people, what gear do you dive with that can easily be substituted with unknown size or quality stuff?

So for the ring “some” people, what gear do you dive with that can easily be substituted with unknown size or quality stuff?
Tanks (some). Lead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom