Is this normal for a regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Three places I'd check (2 already covered: mouth piece, tie wrap, & or splits.cracks)
The diaphragm, tight, sealed or possible small tear) 3rd is exhaust flap/valve.
I don't know how old the reg is, but these can dry & curl with age, & should be replaced if not seating properly.

regards

Mike D

And some regulators just breathe wet. The Oceanic Omega II will often get a little water inside. I have always thought that this is a result of the location of the diaphragm relative to the mouthpiece. But I still prefer them...

Richard

This makes a lot of sense. It is one of those with the apparatus positions out to the side. I also noticed I didn't get a dry throat like with other types. Still getting it checked.

This makes a lot of sense. It is one of those with the apparatus positions out to the side. I also noticed I didn't get a dry throat like with other types. Still getting it checked.

When I lived in Singapore and dove nearly every week for 14 months, I noticed that I had a sore throat varying between annoying and unbearable for the entire duration. I thought it might be something in the salt water. Or it might just have been the humidity but I used a LOT of throat lozenges.

But I have cornered the world's market in Omega II's off of eBay. All have been serviced and are ready to go. The Omega II is the only single hose regulator I have ever used.

Richard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom