Is this the body of Natalie Halloway:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On our Global News a few minutes ago, it was reported that human remains have been photographed off of Aruba and that a dive team will try and locate the remains. They said the search for Natalie Halloway may be over...

It was interesting that this info was reported as if it were a fact that it is human remains in the photo...

Sounds a lot more exciting to put it that way.

I enhanced the picture a bit using PhotoShop Elements. Not much to work with but it helps a bit. Unless the jaw goes all the way through the skull from front to back, and Natalie didn't have a nose or eyes, we're looking at, well..a bunch of rocks.

13zo0mg.jpg

I tried a few different versions - all look like rocks to me...

34pb804_edited.jpg 34pb804_edited-1.jpg 34pb804 E2.jpg 34pb804 E.jpg
I don't even see a resemblance to a skeleton other than a large round rock next to a smaller one. They know it's a picture of rocks, but they can't ignore any rumor.

Tourists with a single use film camera. My photography is bad but I delete a lot of pics better than that one. If they'd shot digital, it'd never made off of the preview screen.

well... she was on a snorkel trip when she took this.

tourist snorkel boats pretty much go to the same handful of sites OVER AND OVER again. so if this was a real body, someone would have seen it by now in the past several years. (as the boats go there all the time).

The Blue Hole in Egypt still has quite a few bodies in it. Of course they were divers wearing neoprene suits not just clothing. However, any exposed bits such as the feet and hands were gone. I did not look at the faces.

Last year using a side scan sonar 4 or 5 bodies were found in a mountain lake near by. 3 or 4 of them had been in the water 5+ years. It was quite disturbing as they were looking for a couple of folks who drowned that summer and the first three bodies were from these older accidents.

Last year using a side scan sonar 4 or 5 bodies were found in a mountain lake near by. 3 or 4 of them had been in the water 5+ years. It was quite disturbing as they were looking for a couple of folks who drowned that summer and the first three bodies were from these older accidents.

Cold, fresh water preserves things much better than warm, salt water ... and you don't have quite the legions of scavengers swimming or walking about on the bottom constantly looking for something to eat ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

My guess is someone in PA watches too much Nancy Grace

and lets say for the sake of arguement, it is human remains...why would it be hers and not someone elses?

My guess is someone in PA watches too much Nancy Grace

and lets say for the sake of arguement, it is human remains...why would it be hers and not someone elses?

When was the last time Jimmy Hoffa was seen? IJS.....

When was the last time Jimmy Hoffa was seen? IJS.....

He's buried at Giants Stadium. Mythbusters searched the wrong part.

He's buried at Giants Stadium. Mythbusters searched the wrong part.

Well it has been said that Jimmy never left MI! Well that is in one piece!
I could only hope that one day the Halloway family can have the closure that they deserve. I would want that if it were my family or friends.
The search will go on and hopefully bring this and many other unsolved missing persons home.
CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom