Is this the body of Natalie Halloway:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I suspect that Natalie's family and friends got the answers they needed when the suspect admitted on videotape to killing her and disposing of her body, whether that tape was admissable or not. The viewing public that saw the special on an American show (20/20 or Dateline?) years ago and heard the young man tell exactly what happened to her also got answers, even if they weren't gotten in a perfectly legal manner. It is sad that case against a "privileged" protected boy fell apart... :shakehead:

My guess is someone in PA watches too much Nancy Grace

and lets say for the sake of arguement, it is human remains...why would it be hers and not someone elses?

Because she'll bring higher ratings. Have you never watched TV??

I suspect that Natalie's family and friends got the answers they needed when the suspect admitted on videotape to killing her and disposing of her body, whether that tape was admissable or not. The viewing public that saw the special on an American show (20/20 or Dateline?) years ago and heard the young man tell exactly what happened to her also got answers, even if they weren't gotten in a perfectly legal manner. It is sad that case against a "privileged" protected boy fell apart... :shakehead:
Hasn't he changed his story several times...? :confused:

Even if they believed one of his stories, the family wants remains for their family plot. I have asked my family to not send a search for my body if I am lost at sea, but you know how families are. Eh, if it was one of them, I'd be down there myself searching.

That is true that her family would probably want to bury her remains, but I was addressing the possibility implied earlier that she may be a missing person that might be brought home. I wish that were true, but it doesn't seem that way.

Yes, the suspect changed his official story several times, but he was pretty consistent in the secretly videotaped confessions of how he killed her and disposed of her body. The private investigator who made the videotapes infiltrated his social circle for months and got his complete trust as a believable fellow drug user and confidante before eliciting the confession and details. He put a lot of work into it, but unfortunately the suspect was high at the time and the video was not procured legally, so it was inadmissable. However, the suspect certainly appears fully lucid and coherent while recounting details in the video, but he says after the fact that he was too stoned to know what the truth was...

he was too stoned to know what the truth was
Therein lies the root of the problem I think. I don't know much about being stoned; I think I had something slipped in on me once that left me clueless to anything and if it's like that - yeah.

I dunno ... in my younger years I spent the better part of two decades pretty much continuously stoned, and I remember things I did during those years quite OK ... for the most part, better so than some things that have happened since I gave up that lifestyle.

I think this boy is just another example of the fact that if you or your family have enough money you can literally get away with murder.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Agreed, Bob. This boy's privileged and judicial connection was questioned from the beginning in the way that this case was handled and let go, to the dismay of the American public.

Don, the videos showed that the boy was often mildly stoned on marijuana, carrying on normal conversations, able to recall details from previous conversations, answering and asking questions, following general rules and customs of social dialogue. He was even very cautious in clips of earlier conversations where he was simultaneously smoking marijuana (just like the video in question) but could not be influenced to speak about what happened to Natalie. Finally one day after months of infiltration, he admitted to what happened to poor Natalie and provided details of her death and burial at sea and the two boys he framed.

Don, I don't think that the boy's mental state was anything like what you are describing happened to you. He was simply mildly stoned and was able to carry on life normally and coherently. If he showed signs of not being lucid and not being in control of his actions, thoughts or speech, then it might seem plausible. I'm with Bob. This kid got away with murder.

Maybe so. Whatever I was slipped, I found it difficult to even walk to the car. Hid out there until it passed. Just not cut out for anything stronger than whiskey I guess.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom