Is this your attire???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simbrooks

Snr LayZboy Meteorologist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I saw this in a catalogue for a major LDS that i sometimes run in to get little things and stocked up before my OW dives in the usual snorkeling gear.

But i have to ask, do any of you get on the boat, ready to dive in this state??? What is wrong with this picture?? I believe the dive bag is holding the kitchen sink!

simbrooks:
But i have to ask, do any of you get on the boat, ready to dive in this state???

Not really ... on the other hand, ads rarely convey reality.

The picture isn't a diver ... it's a model attired in dive gear. I think the purpose is to display as much of the shop's wares as possible in a single photo ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
The picture isn't a diver ... it's a model attired in dive gear.
... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Yet, I have seen "divers" that look like that picture. It was scary!

Danny
www.divingrebels.org

Shoot the picture, then, take the fish... :)

Snowbear:
At least he's color coordinated.
So is he going to take the picture then shoot the fish or vice versa :D
Hero shot. He's going to take the picture of himself shooting the fish.

Snowbear:
At least he's color coordinated.
So is he going to take the picture then shoot the fish or vice versa :D
Depends how gruesome he wants to be, before and after shots come to mind - or else use the flash to disorient them before going in for the kill. Should i have posted this on the hunting section of the board? :wink:

As for dive shop clothes horse vs actual diver, i too have seen a lot of people wearing that much stuff out on sites as well.

I saw a guy like that in Malaysia. He was 'really experienced' - 80 dives. He had all his own gear (everyone else was in rentals) and obviously thought a lot of it. Suffice to say - from the moment he hit the water he was a disaster. You couldn't get near him he was flailing about so much. Once we got down he couldn't control his bouyancy at all - so was constantly crashing into the abundant fire coral at the site. His only saving grace was that it didn't last long - he went through his tank in about 20 minutes (an AL100 at about 18 meters). He was a lot quieter on the boat on the way back though - and we didn't see him again afterwards!

Back
Top Bottom