Is this your attire???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KimLeece:
Once we got down he couldn't control his bouyancy at all - so was constantly crashing into the abundant fire coral at the site...... He was a lot quieter on the boat on the way back though - and we didn't see him again afterwards!
Was he paralysed from hitting the fire coral so much that he couldnt speak and needed medical attention - hence you didnt see him either after the dives???

Maybe it was all the "useful/neccesary" gear he had one that was overweighting him and putting off his buoyancy?? :wink:

LazyKevin:
Hard to shoot anything with a speargun with no spear......
Dont want him to injure himself, he looks kinda bright enough to do that.

simbrooks:
Was he paralysed from hitting the fire coral so much that he couldnt speak and needed medical attention - hence you didnt see him either after the dives???

Maybe it was all the "useful/neccesary" gear he had one that was overweighting him and putting off his buoyancy?? :wink:
Now you're making me feel guilty - and me a 'rescue' diver! I hope I can sleep later!!!

Was this a picture of what NOT to look like by chance? I've seen some similar pix with that intent in mind.

Diver Lori:
Was this a picture of what NOT to look like by chance? I've seen some similar pix with that intent in mind.
All i can say is that i cut it out of the catalogue that i picked up in the store whilst browsing there recently. What they intended by this photo to the average diving public may not be what we consider suitable - hence the thread :wink:

NWGratefulDiver:
Not really ... on the other hand, ads rarely convey reality.

The picture isn't a diver ... it's a model attired in dive gear. I think the purpose is to display as much of the shop's wares as possible in a single photo ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Its got to be a diver. For a middle-aged male with a rearwards creeping hairline, as on the gentleman here, shaving their head seems to be SOP - kind of like a badge of passage. Thus by way of logical deduction, this person is a diver who is either very EAGER or was propped for a joke :D

I have seen divers like this on dive boats here or there...funny all the need for dangling accessories and equipment...too much to worry about.

I have accessories but, I pick and choose what I need for the kind of diving I am going to do...where I am located...what the circumstances dictate. Yes, with cave diving...three lights minimum...and a safety reel...spool reel...etc.

For open Atlantic diving...a safety sausage might be a good thing...drift diving etc.

It all depends on the circumstances.

Just my O2

I hate those good looking sales ladies, always end up with more than I asked for........

This guy has three timing devices, two of which are computers, two alternative air sources, three surface signalling devices, crotch strap for scootering.......

but he has a suicide clip on his light, so I guess he isnt DIR huh?

Back
Top Bottom