is tubbataha still dive-able?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

neopluredon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
aside from the us warship, we also have chinese vessel stuck there...

**i smell world war**:crafty:

Or two awesome wreck dives

It is still dive-able... but contact local authorities there if they are allowing divers right now.. because of the latest news that theres another fishing vessel that got stuck and beached on the reef. Sorry to say but this is kinda sad. :-(

Pretty amazing. The ONE place that's really protected now...no dynamite, no fishing of any kind. They're serious. I was there last May on a private boat and the "Guard" there boarded our boat with machine guns. SO much fish. It was better than when I dived there in 1995.
And now, three ships have crashed into it? Are you fricken' kidding me? This has to be some sickos idea of a joke. It's the Sulu Sea. We didn't run aground in the two trips I went there. One on a banka. And Navy ships with GPS that could put a cruise missle in your bathtub hit it? Unreal.

Last edited:
Or two awesome wreck dives
yeah! you said it!

just came back from Tubbataha trip, the Chinese vessel is high and dry on a sand bar. Liveaboards are continuing on their schedules
awesome! but how about the american warship? i'm a conspiracy person and the americans crashed it there fore a reason. the fiancee wants to do his openwater at tubbataha. i hope the place is still as pristine as before when we go there.

Tubataha Reef is still dive able! The reef is not small. For those in the US, it is about I/4'th to 1/3'rd the size of the State of Rhode Island! Rhode Island 1,214 square miles; Tubataha 374 or 502 square miles, (different world agencies measures!). It is NOT a couple of rocks in the water if that is what you're used to!

Back
Top Bottom