Isla BC question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the same BCD and have the same problem, constantly getting hit in the head...but I'm 5'5" I wish there was a way to adjust the tank strap so it would sit lower. I put the tank down as low as possible/strap as high as possible and have only had it slip out once- but then sometimes I run into the opposite problem and my feet hit the bottom of the tank. I've used 80s, 63s, and even steel 100s with an Oceanic Delta 4-FDX10 regulator, all with the same result.
I'd love to hear any suggestions that you haven't publicly posted here.

Thanks!
D'Anne

Hi again,
I think the BCD that Cerich was alluding to was Oceanic's New Hera BCD. The BCD was one of the new products that was featured at the Oceanic booth at DEMA but it is scheduled to hit the Oceanic dive stores in February. Keep watching for it. The owner here is a female who is 5'3" is short torsoed but not quite proportioned as your wife. She tried it on out at DEMA but it wasn't with a tank on also. You can be assured that as soon as they are releases she will remedy that lol. Keep in touch

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom