Isla de Margarita updates???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There was just a thread posted by a guy who is retiring down there... try searching for it.

I understand the guy who you are referring to does not live anymore in Margarita. I believe he moved to Roatan. However, if you want to know more about diving in Margarita visit the site of Enomis Divers. It's www.scubadivemagarita.com

I just got back from Margarita Island last week. Did a two tank dive at Los Frailles. Viz on first dive was 20-25 ft, water temp was 24 degrees Celsius. Max depth was 83 ft. Lots of fish. Second dive was just off the corner of the island, strong currents that changed dramatically because of the bays we drifted by. Viz was awful...8-10 feet. My girlfriend had her first open water discover SCUBA dive on this trip, and did great.
The trip out was on a long fishing boat with low gunwales and was extremely wet and bouncy, getting kitted up was a bit of a dance, but fun. It took about 35 minutes to get out to the island. The trip back took less time, as we had the wind to our back and went with the waves.
The DI that was with us was from Germany and had been there for 2.5 years, and said that the diving can be spectacular in the summer months...although, he was also looking to leave the island.
The organized trips take you to limited dive sites, the one wreck that people dive on had crappy viz while we were there, so it was not recommended, and we did not bother doing it.
I can't say I would recommend making it a dive destination, but it was a good one day outing for our two weeks there.

I've been, not recently, and have driven around the island, snorkeled, etc. Are you just asking how is the diving (see above) or do you have other questions?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom