Question Isla Mujeres

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bennyb1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Recommendations for good dive shops in Isla Mujeres?

Dive shop or operator? I dove a day with Casa del Buceo during the pandemic and was very satisfied with their services. I really can’t remember any significant retail gear shops on the island.

I haven't dove Isla Mujeres but a guy I know dives there regularly and he recommended these shops.
The Best Scuba Diving & Padi Course Center | Dive Isla Mujeres | Mexico

In 2016 we dove with Casa del Buceo and are back with them in a couple of weeks. They are located mid island therefore removed from the main tourist areas. In 2016 there were 4 of us and they gave us our own boat Which allowed us to pick some dives we wanted to try. They are quite responsive on email and will give you suggestions and put a package together for you. They were quite accommodating as they would pick us up off and drop us off at our hotel dock and deal with our gear. We were probably a 10 minute walk away but it was still nice service. We’re going back to them because we liked our experience with them and feel that since they are a bit off the beaten track the number of divers should be lower, plus we’re 4 again and hoping to get our own boat.

Back from our trip and had another great experience with Casa del Bucea. Not much has changed from my comments above. They were happy to pick us up at our hotel dock and even gave us a ride back on our last day so we didn’t need to walk gear back.

I broke my collarbone 4 weeks before we dove and they were very accommodating making sure I only took my gear on and off in the water. They kept confirming with me if everything was ok and I didn’t have any pain or needed more help.

One of the members in our party had a BCD strap issue as we jumped in for our first dive and Enrique was able to Macgyver something quickly so we could dive while the captain got in touch with the office and got one of the guys to take a rental BCD to a dock nearby so we could pick it up on our SI.

they aren’t a big operation which we like. The boat is smaller with no holders for your gear, it’s all kept on the floor until they help you gear up and then it’s a backroll into the water.

Back
Top Bottom