It wasn't pretty but I survived

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

at Home under the PSSP heading. Janet the park ranger gives a weekly update on conditions there. Her last post said no diving at least until April. Ginnie is still open and Manatee. Ginnie's cavern is very clear and easy to dive. Manatee's Catfish Hotel sink is covered with duck weed and probably not a great place for a new cavern diver. Good luck.

when practicing running lines on land, if you decided to use things like mailboxes, make sure you don't run lines ACROSS the road.

That was the fastest I have ever reeled in a line. And the stupid car turned at the driveway just before my spider's web of lines in the road.

EEK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:
Oh boy ...
I guess I should carry a z-knife in the front part of the car when I drive by your place eh? :rofl3:
(just kidding)
Hey , and you didn't jam it did you? GREAT !!! :D
That's reeling UNDER STRESS

Maybe that should be a new drill: Across the road reeling practice :rofl3:
Don't do the lost line drill though...That could HURT!

Da Bean

Hey good luck but remember:

Do not be in a hurry to rush to your death, become efficient/proficient not fast

(All in all it was a great learning and humbling experience. I hope all y'all with LOTS of cavern/cave experience don't think I'm dopey. I know I'll achieve mastery through time in the water, practice and experience.

Dopey? No, you're not dopey. I am dopey. I finished a drill in my Intro class, and then proceeded to lead the group back INTO the cave down the Gallery. Anyone who has dove through the Gallery can tell you that it is impossible not to feel the flow trying to push you back out. I am the Cave :dork2:.

Seriously, TSandM had a good suggestion. Find some time to get tuned into the gear that you will be using in the class. That is probably the only thing that I did right in preparing for my overhead classes.

I know that I'll NEVER forget the first time my team died, but most importantly I'll never forget WHY we died. http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cave-diving/203810-one-bad-line-wrap-murphy-wins.html

cool - way to kill your buddy!! :rofl3:
I like how we can totally screw up, make mistakes and learn - and not really kill anyone.

question: in an OOA - lights out situation, would you leave your line in place and just follow it out, going back for it another time (if possible)? seems like it would be next to impossible to maintain touch contact if you're having to reel in the line....

Hey good luck but remember:

Do not be in a hurry to rush to your death, become efficient/proficient not fast

I will....(that is become proficient, not fast) taking it one dive at a time.

question: in an OOA - lights out situation, would you leave your line in place and just follow it out, going back for it another time (if possible)? seems like it would be next to impossible to maintain touch contact if you're having to reel in the line....

Yup, leave it, you got more important things to worry about.

Leave it, but if you need it to get out, it has to be secured before you drop it. Loose line kills.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom