It's finally happened

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

but I was in my SP Rec Tek wings - not screwed on properly after drying out from previous dive...

I was wearing a dry suite though.

Jonathan

I never use the pull dump. It wasn't taught to me, so I was never tempted.

The only time that I have had something similar happen was in the pool with my wings. I was doing skills practice for my Advanced Nitrox course. I had taken off the power inflator for some reason and didn't believe the other divers when I was told that the gasket for the power inflator was a real witch to line back up correctly. I had done it many times on ProQD+ after all.

I jump in and my buoyancy is terrible. I would add air, go back up, then sink. After inflating my drysuit to bring me up and going to the shallow end, I checked for my air leak. Sure enough, I hadn't seated that gasket properly on my wings. I was blowing air out of that gasket. Needless to say, I avoid pulling that power inflator off now. And when I do it again, I will check for air leaks much more carefully because that gasket doesn't seat as nicely as the one on my other BC (and I am paranoid about that one after I pull the Airsource off for maintenance as well now).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom