I've been lurking....and learning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm on Marathon, halfway down the Overseas Hiway of the Florida Keys with some other SB divers. I like to log on long enough to say "Hi There" to each new member at least.

Posting is fun - go for it... :thumb:

:cowboy: don

Thanks to all for you WARM welcomes - The diving is cold in BC- but the divers aren't :sunny
Looks like that holds true on SB too!

I'll see you all soon - in the halls - or maybe in the forums

:sleepy:

DiverBuoy:
You know this is an intersting post, I wonder what makes a lurker finally cross the line over to a poster. In your case, sounds like buying some gear on SB advice was the catalyst. But I have seen before from the board stats that tens of thousands come, read, leave, and perhaps return again, but never post. So it's an interesting psychology to understand what causes a person to cross that line, I'm not sure just being shy, or new, or even if you aren't an extrovert ... for each person it's different. I just wish more of the lurkers would cross the line :)

For me... When i joined I was not only a newish diver who felt that I did not have much to add to the more seasoned comments already made - but also have almost never posted on a community discussion board before - or done any internet chatting at all. :hideing_b I used SB to search the forums whenever I was looking to make gear or vacation decisions. My questions had all been asked by others and answered to my satisfaction. I think the first post is the hardest and now that the ice has been broken it's only a matter if time before i weigh in with my opinion on some discussion:soapbox:

see ya soon

Wow this was taking a bit of risk for you, more power to you for "coming out of the closet" then. I'm glad so many folks get so much use out of the board without ever joining, but this place would be all the better if they did, IMO.

Lot of egos here, don't be afraid of them, nothing divers love better than just a good ole dive story, even if you tell it badly it's still yours to tell :)

Back
Top Bottom