Jackson Blue and mill pond 4/4-4/5/2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay, I will stop all the warm fuzzies. There was an incident that happened on Sunday. It is what is now being known as the "Mill Pond Bottle Incident."

I was enjoying a leisurely boat ride on the pond. When suddenly, out of nowhere I see a bottle that was violently thrown at Stasia by Bugman. With no regard for my own personal well being, I threw my body between Stasia and the bottle at the last moment. I selflessly absorbed the impact of the bottle...narrowly avoiding disaster for Stasia, and possibly our fellow diver Shagman.

Stasia and Josh immediately ran to me to make sure I was okay. We all sat in shock while at the same time marveling at my quick, cat like reflexes, as well as my disregard for personal safety. We shook our fists at Bugman and told him he would "Woo the day (yes woo the day) he so arrogantly tried to attack the birthday girl! As we rode off....Bugman was heard to let out a laugh that can best be desribed as deomonic.

So, now everyone knows the good and the bad about some cave divers. Anyone diving the Mill Pond should beware of an inflatable boat called the Miss Jellyfish. Captain Bugman is rumored to travel up and down the Pond...pounding unsuspecting boaters. I am sorry I had to break the warm fuzzies with such a startling revelation. Now back to our happy dive report......

Thank you Stasia...I was pretty pleased with things for the first day...BUT, I know I have a LONG way to go.

Yup thanks! Congrats everybody! We can't leave Glen out, it looked like he was taking to sidemount very well!

So, now everyone knows the good and the bad about some cave divers. Anyone diving the Mill Pond should beware of an inflatable boat called the Miss Jellyfish. Captain Bugman is rumored to travel up and down the Pond...pounding unsuspecting boaters. I am sorry I had to break the warm fuzzies with such a startling revelation. Now back to our happy dive report......

med_IMG_0755_adjust.JPG

Does this look like the kinda face that could be responsible for the actions described here???

Truth of the matter is, there was a pontoon boat plummetting at me at breakneck speeds with three evil masterminds clenching their teeth in anticipation of another quick kill. Luckily, the Miss Jellyfish is nimble, and we wheeled portside just in time to escape certain death! I managed to fire off a single Mountain Dew bottle into the boat, curving around Stasia, and into Glen, who certainly had the largest part of their Mill Pond rampage scheming! That direct hit, was THE ONLY thing responsible for saving the Miss Jellyfish, life and limb, from the depths of the abyss.

Josh,
Good to meet you and Glen finally. Great seeing Mat Stacia and all the gang. Turned out to be good weather for the four days we were down. The caves cooperated as well. All in all, super good time.
Hope to see you all again soon,
Kenny P.

Congrats to Josh on his 100th dive!

Congrats to Stasia on her 400th dive(??? Am I correct in this?)!

Congrats to BigKen and BamaMedic for their Cavern and Intro certs!

Yup thanks! Congrats everybody! We can't leave Glen out, it looked like he was taking to sidemount very well!

Wow!!! What a weekend!!

Congrats Josh on Dive #100 !!!

Congats Stasia on Dive #400 and finally getting to dive for your Birthday!!

Congrats Glen on the trim in the sidemount. You looked awesome!!

Congrats Ken and Rita on the Cavern/Intro Cave class!!

Could that really be the face of a guilty man LOL

med_IMG_0755_adjust.JPG

Does this look like the kinda face that could be responsible for the actions described here???

Truth of the matter is, there was a pontoon boat plummetting at me at breakneck speeds with three evil masterminds clenching their teeth in anticipation of another quick kill. Luckily, the Miss Jellyfish is nimble, and we wheeled portside just in time to escape certain death! I managed to fire off a single Mountain Dew bottle into the boat, curving around Stasia, and into Glen, who certainly had the largest part of their Mill Pond rampage scheming! That direct hit, was THE ONLY thing responsible for saving the Miss Jellyfish, life and limb, from the depths of the abyss.

I was really thinking he looked more like Dr. Evil in that pic! one... billion... dives!
med_IMG_0755_adjust.JPG
dr-evil.jpg

Glen now I have that umpa - lumpa song stuck in my head..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom