Jameson Karst Edwards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey, thanks! i think he'll get me a mother's ring. he got me some birthstone earrings for christmas, and he has great taste! :D

BabyDuck:
he got me some birthstone earrings for christmas, and he has great taste! :D

:confused:

:hmmm:

you know, Jameson told me he had bought me some double LP100's for my birthday ...

he would never do that, knowing i want a drysuit!

i believe i have an oral contract with Jameson here...

also, i'm still waiting for the pony he promised

did he promise one that will trot you across parks, or one that you sling with o2 in it?

either way, i think he was kidding.

BabyDuck:
more like a pillow. it's curved & stuffed firm. you can hold them with it to keep your arms from going to sleep, it puts them in a good position to nurse, or they can sit in them...

http://boppy.com/

and i know mother's day is coming up, but i'm not really sure when...

Man, you guys get clothes, all sorts of new inventions that are helpful, and I dunno a whole bunch of stuff. When I was pregnant they only had horrid looking easter egg colored clothes :shakehead Pants that went over your stomach all the way up to your neck and shirts that I could have fit a football team under. Now look at all the great stuff out. Maybe, I should have another... :rofl3:

*Miss coming to her senses* Marci, so glad you are getting to experience some of the nicer things with Sir Jameson. Most especially holding baby. :hugs:

BabyDuck:
hey, thanks! i think he'll get me a mother's ring. he got me some birthstone earrings for christmas, and he has great taste! :D
man....with tastes like that Jameson is going to make some gal very very happy one day!

ok, guys, things are a bit muddled at the moment, but there's something serious going on.

about 0100, he started bleeding from his stoma. he lost a good bit for a baby, and was working hard to breathe. they put him back on the vent & started an iv & started trying to figure out why.

possibility 1 would be that his liver quit making clotting stuff as part of not working very well. they checked all that out a few weeks ago, though, and it was fine.

possibility 2 would be something like esophageal varices. very common with cirrhosis, so very common with alcoholics, but possible with hepatitis, which we know he has because of the tpn. what happens is that the liver isn't processing the blood flowing to it fast enough, so it backs up & causes basically hemorrhoids in the esophagus which can rupture pretty easily. (lynne, feel free to correct or fill in whatever i get wrong. this **** is sooo not anything i know about.)

possibility 3 through whatever is weird stuff like intususseption or congenital malformations. no signs of this on xrays this morning, or when they've done his surgeries.

his clotting factors that are back so far are pretty normal, leading the doctor to think possibility 2 is most likely. he's not close to dying, but is definitely suddenly sick. he's getting blood and might have to be scoped to see if they can see what is happening. the doc said that so far it's been one big bleed, about 20 or so mls, a bit of trickle, and that it seems to have stopped for now.

please, please, prayers and good vibes. i'm so scared. he's been doing so beautifully, and all i can think of are his big lovely eyes.

i'll let you know more when i know more.

So sorry to read about this setback, Marci. Plenty of prayers and good vibes galore being sent your and Jameson's way. :)

Back
Top Bottom