Jan 2011 -- who will be in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We're planning our first dive trip, ever. I just got OW cert last month.
We'll go either Jan 10th thru 17th or 24th thru 31st at SCC to take advantage of their special.

The question is how the weather will be for my wife, who doesn't dive, so she'll be spending the mornings "on the beach". She will want to sit by the pool/shore and I wonder if it will be warm enough for that. We plan to do some "touristy" stuff in the PM's.

We can always change the plans and go it April or May, but I'm eager to go dive!

Any advice?
Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff

Congrats on joining the world of divers. The last two years, I've been in Coz in January and lost at least one day to weather. Last year, it actually got down right chilly for a couple of days.

I've also lost days to weather in March.

So......... I'm going again in January because it fits the schedule. I'm hoping for great weather, but expecting some bad days.

Not much help, sorry.

You can always check out the historical weather information for Coz on Weather Underground.

Just got word of 3 room openings at Blue Angel for the Jan 6-17th time frame if anyone is last minute planning

Looks like my wife and I are going back, we were at Scuba Club for a couple weeks in Nov-Dec with our LDS, but heading back to the Allegro on the 13th of Jan- 23rd diving with Prodive for convenience and free nitrox, celebrating my wife and my birthdays, been a tradition for a couple years now..........hope to meet some of you

We're planning our first dive trip, ever. I just got OW cert last month.
We'll go either Jan 10th thru 17th or 24th thru 31st at SCC to take advantage of their special.

The question is how the weather will be for my wife, who doesn't dive, so she'll be spending the mornings "on the beach". She will want to sit by the pool/shore and I wonder if it will be warm enough for that. We plan to do some "touristy" stuff in the PM's.

We can always change the plans and go it April or May, but I'm eager to go dive!

Any advice?
Thanks,
Jeff
i have been in jan, can be windy & chilly, not a very good time of year to sit around pool/ beach...scc is a small place & does not have a beach...mostly only divers, your wife will probably be sitting around mostly alone..diving is good, water temp about 78 f but could loose days due to park closure when seas are too rough...
if you can april or may would be MUCH better choice !!!

i have been in jan, can be windy & chilly, not a very good time of year to sit around pool/ beach...scc is a small place & does not have a beach...mostly only divers, your wife will probably be sitting around mostly alone..diving is good, water temp about 78 f but could loose days due to park closure when seas are too rough...
if you can april or may would be MUCH better choice !!!

After further research, I find that I completely agree. We have decided on late April for our trip. I wish we could do another trip in the meantime, but it's too $$$.
Thanks for the input.
Jeff

Heading there on 2 Jan at the Blue Angel.. my first dive in Mexico! Hope the water won't be too cold!

Illini_Fan and son of Illini_Fan. Jan 6th - Jan 13th Diving and staying at Blue Angel
jjwdiver and wife of jjwdiver Jan 6th - Jan 18th Diving and staying at Blue Angel
loudives: Jan 15th - Jan 19th Staying at Barracuda, Diving with Bottom Time Divers
MMM: ALL of January. Staying a personal residence, Diving with Living Underwater.
Amy & Angie: Jan 6th - 13th Diving and staying at Blue Angel
Tish & Melissa: Jan 6th - 13th Diving and staying at Blue Angel
Chocoholic: End of January, Probably Coral Princess
Beiji and Mario: Jan 4th - Jan 14th. Staying at Casa Mexicana and Diving with BXTS
njones259: Jan 1st - Jan 9th. Staying at Villablanca and Diving with Scubamau
lsorenson and wife Jan 20th for a 1 day 2-3 tank dive with Aldora Divers
terrylowe and FOUR TEENAGERS
icosm14.gif
Dec 28th - Jan 4th Hotel Cozumel
medic722 and wife Jan 19th - Jan 26th (HONEYMOON
icosm14.gif
) Staying at Occidental Grand, Diving with ?
Daz and Judy Jan 6th - 18th. Diving and Staying with Blue Angel
G'Diddy and Kathy (Happy Anniversary) - Jan 8th - Jan 15 Diving and Staying with Scuba Club
Dave and Mary Jan 8th - Jan 15th Diving and Staying with Scuba Club
jpomerantz Dec 22nd - Jan 5th Personal Residence diving with Blue Project
Apricocious Jan 2nd - Jan 10th Staying with Suites Colonial and diving with Bottom Time Divers
Paulvay Jan 16th - Jan 24th Staying at Casa Mexicano and Diving with Scuba Mau
divern2h20 Jan 8th - 18th Staying at Villa Blanca and Diving with Scuba Mau
warmwaterturner Jan 11th - 18th. Staying in Playa but diving with Blue Angel
kjvander Jan 22nd - 30th. Staying at Casa del Mar and Diving with Del Mar Aquatics
dignash (group of six) Jan 7th - Jan 15th Staying at Aura, Diving with Dive With Martin
Tridocna & Scubamax Jan 8th - Jan 15th Staying and diving at Scuba Club Cozumel
darook and wife + a posse. Jan 8th - Jan 15th Staying and diving at Scuba Club Cozumel
jetskiironwkr and wife Jan 8th - Jan 1th. Staying at Aura Wyndham diving with Alex Scuba
desertsong and Heather Jan 20th - 27th. Staying at Vista Del Mar, diving with Scuba Mau
1_T_Submariner and wife Jan 8th - 15th. Staying and diving at Scuba Club Cozumel
Dhboner. Jan 22nd - Jan 29th. Staying at Hotel Cozumel, diving with Aqua Safari
Fortune Diver (+12). Jan 9th - Jan 16th. Staying and Diving at Scuba Club Cozumel
Darol. Dec 24th - Jan 3rd. Staying at Hotel Cozumel
Natgas Jan 9th - Jan 16th. Staying at Villa Blanca and Diving with Scuba Mau
58studebaker Jan 13th - 22nd. Staying at Hotel Cozumel (13th-14th), then Scuba Club for the rest
bfisher + group Jan22nd - Jan 29th Staying and Diving at Scuba Club Cozumel
Harro10: Jan 22 - Jan 29, Staying at Villablanca and diving with Scuba Mau
Stadevene Jan 2nd - 9th. Staying at El Cozumeleno and diving with Scuba du
Deputy Dan + family (3) Jan 1st - 8th. Staying and diving at Scuba Club Cozumel
baystr Jan 13th - 23rd. Staying at Allegro and diving with Prodive
Traminer. Jan 2nd - xx. Staying at diving at Blue Angel

Illini_Fan and son of Illini_Fan. Jan 6th - Jan 13th Diving and staying at Blue Angel
loudives: Jan 15th - Jan 19th Staying at Barracuda, Diving with Bottom Time Divers
MMM: ALL of January. Staying a personal residence, Diving with Living Underwater.
Amy & Angie: Jan 6th - 13th Diving and staying at Blue Angel
Chocoholic: End of January, Probably Coral Princess
Beiji and Mario: Jan 4th - Jan 14th. Staying at Casa Mexicana and Diving with BXTS
njones259: Jan 1st - Jan 9th. Staying at Villablanca and Diving with Scubamau
lsorenson and wife Jan 20th for a 1 day 2-3 tank dive with Aldora Divers
terrylowe and FOUR TEENAGERS
icosm14.gif
Dec 28th - Jan 4th Hotel Cozumel
medic722 and wife Jan 19th - Jan 26th (HONEYMOON
icosm14.gif
) Staying at Occidental Grand, Diving with ?
G'Diddy and Kathy (Happy Anniversary) - Jan 8th - Jan 15 Diving and Staying with Scuba Club
Dave and Mary Jan 8th - Jan 15th Diving and Staying with Scuba Club
jpomerantz Dec 22nd - Jan 5th Personal Residence diving with Blue Project
Apricocious Jan 2nd - Jan 10th Staying with Suites Colonial and diving with Bottom Time Divers
Paulvay Jan 16th - Jan 24th Staying at Casa Mexicano and Diving with Scuba Mau
divern2h20 Jan 8th - 18th Staying at Villa Blanca and Diving with Scuba Mau
warmwaterturner Jan 11th - 18th. Staying in Playa but diving with Blue Angel
kjvander Jan 22nd - 30th. Staying at Casa del Mar and Diving with Del Mar Aquatics
dignash (group of six) Jan 7th - Jan 15th Staying at Aura, Diving with Dive With Martin
Tridocna & Scubamax Jan 8th - Jan 15th Staying and diving at Scuba Club Cozumel
darook and wife + a posse. Jan 8th - Jan 15th Staying and diving at Scuba Club Cozumel
jetskiironwkr and wife Jan 8th - Jan 1th. Staying at Aura Wyndham diving with Alex Scuba
desertsong and Heather Jan 20th - 27th. Staying at Vista Del Mar, diving with Scuba Mau
1_T_Submariner and wife Jan 8th - 15th. Staying and diving at Scuba Club Cozumel
Dhboner. Jan 22nd - Jan 29th. Staying at Hotel Cozumel, diving with Aqua Safari
Fortune Diver (+12). Jan 9th - Jan 16th. Staying and Diving at Scuba Club Cozumel
Darol. Dec 24th - Jan 3rd. Staying at Hotel Cozumel
Natgas Jan 9th - Jan 16th. Staying at Villa Blanca and Diving with Scuba Mau
58studebaker Jan 13th - 22nd. Staying at Hotel Cozumel (13th-14th), then Scuba Club for the rest
bfisher + group Jan22nd - Jan 29th Staying and Diving at Scuba Club Cozumel
Harro10: Jan 22 - Jan 29, Staying at Villablanca and diving with Scuba Mau
Stadevene Jan 2nd - 9th. Staying at El Cozumeleno and diving with Scuba du
Deputy Dan + family (3) Jan 1st - 8th. Staying and diving at Scuba Club Cozumel
baystr Jan 13th - 23rd. Staying at Allegro and diving with Prodive
Traminer. Jan 2nd - xx. Staying at diving at Blue Angel

Judi and I have had to cancel our trip this year - We close the deal on our new cruising boat Jan 3 and are now planning to spend the month of January moving her up to NC.

Back
Top Bottom