Jared Hires

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Truly saddened by this news. We have lost a fantastic member of our community and I'm greatful for the time I was able to spend learning from him. May his family and loved ones know that he was indeed a pillar of our diving circle.

I am sorry to say I never met Jared, but the family is so legendary in the history of scuba that people who never came close to meeting any of them must feel the loss.

A couple years ago I was talking about buying tech diving equipment, and I said that tech diving was a unique experience because when you make a purchasing decision, you often think about the character of the owners and managers of the company you are considering--the community is that tight. Dive Rite is a company where the wonderful character of the owners and Jared as manager were such that it alone could sway your decision.

I am sorry to say I never met Jared, but the family is so legendary in the history of scuba that people who never came close to meeting any of them must feel the loss.

A couple years ago I was talking about buying tech diving equipment, and I said that tech diving was a unique experience because when you make a purchasing decision, you often think about the character of the owners and managers of the company you are considering--the community is that tight. Dive Rite is a company where the wonderful character of the owners and Jared as manager were such that it alone could sway your decision.
This is so true. They were at the forefront of developing gear for tech diving from the get-go (developing the modern backplate for chrissakes!); their equipment was always solid; and they have always backed up their products and supported dealers to the hilt. In a field crowded with "me too" manufacturers, Dive Rite stands apart.

I’m gonna save some mince and tatties for you until we meet again brother , RIP.

That was an amazing evening and trip. One to cherish forever.

I read it here. I have met Jared and Lamar during my ccr instructor course with Tom Mount. As I had a leak in my Inspiration ccr, we repaired it at Diverite. A big loss.

This is terrible news. Jared was the only person who rivalled his dad for the mantle of technical diving's quintessential gentleman. An absolutely 'top bloke' as we say in NZ, whose desire to serve the community seemed more important to him than his own business interests. Jared and Lamar have supported our rebreather safety research program in various ways for some time now, despite zero prospect of that support ever benefitting them directly. We will always be grateful and remember him.

Back
Top Bottom