Jeddah Saudi Arabia is currently where I am staying for two days. I'd like to get a one hour dive in. Any recommendations on spots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigAladdin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I was quoted 700 SAR, which is about 200+ for a 45 minute dive, which I thought was pretty steep, but came here to ask what to expect to pay for a one hour dive, and some names of places I can go to here to offer me a great diving experience.

Well... That pretty much the price around here

Send me your phone (Whatsapp?) by DM will try to fix you something for tomorrow.

Depends... This days Haddad is charging 700 for a local diving discovery...

When I lived in Jeddah diving was practically for free back in the 90s. Air fill 4 SAR, fuel for car probably about the same, but 25 SAR for a roll of Fuji Velvia and another 25 SAR for having it processed if I didn't do it myself.

You can get into some private beaches for sure and rent tanks from some of the dive shops. The shore diving I'm told is still good although I haven't dived the Sheraton beach since 2014.

Things have changed quite a bit :

Sheraton reefs had a mass death 2 years ago and has been pretty much the same since.

Air refill is 25sar up.

There is federation now and they are tightning the regulation so diving from a private resort is not as straight forward as it used to be.

On the bright side the poaching and spearfishing is increasingly controlled.

Hi all! I went ahead and dove with a spot called Al-Haddad. Awesome awesome experience. I was charged less than 500 SRA for 2 dives today with equipment as well as being covered for a boat trip which will include a dive of chicken wreck tommorow with equipment. Which is legit unheard of. I immediately pulled the trigger and swiped my card.

This was my first experience in true blue water and my God I almost cried. Coming from New York City it’s a huge difference in visibility. I giggle as I write this. im talking about Can’t see your arm in front of you to now being able to see as far as the eye can. The marine life was overwhelming, as where the corals. My jaw hit the floor when the owner was apologetic about the conditions of the water visibility due to recent rain past days. He said the conditions are getting better but the conditions I saw today were by far some of the most beautiful things my brain and eyes have processed. I can’t wait to see what tomorrow will hold too bad I didn’t have my camera. I kind of made a big deal about this. Got some people upset dive master wasn’t happy when I signaled him to exit just so we could get my camera. But haha good day it was. I’ll be ready tommorow with GoPro in hand.

Sheraton reefs had a mass death 2 years ago and has been pretty much the same since.
😲 😭

Air refill is 25sar up.
Only SAR equivalent of 8.75 a fill here in Dubai, does the SAR25 include tank rental?

There is federation now and they are tightning the regulation so diving from a private resort is not as straight forward as it used to be.
What sort of regulations are being enforced?

On the bright side the poaching and spearfishing is increasingly controlled
Used to upset me to see people spearfish octopus at some hotel beaches e.g. Al Bilad back in the 90s

Only SAR equivalent of 8.75 a fill here in Dubai, does the SAR25 include tank rental?
Without rental 15 to 25 sar. Some places do not let you take your own tank.

Spear fishing is increasingly seen by law enforcement as something consequencial.
It has been a while I saw someone spearfish...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom