Jeddah Saudi Arabia is currently where I am staying for two days. I'd like to get a one hour dive in. Any recommendations on spots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all! I went ahead and dove with a spot called Al-Haddad. Awesome awesome experience. I was charged less than 500 SRA for 2 dives today with equipment as well as being covered for a boat trip which will include a dive of chicken wreck tommorow with equipment. Which is legit unheard of. I immediately pulled the trigger and swiped my card.

This was my first experience in true blue water and my God I almost cried. Coming from New York City it’s a huge difference in visibility. I giggle as I write this. im talking about Can’t see your arm in front of you to now being able to see as far as the eye can. The marine life was overwhelming, as were the corals. My jaw hit the floor when the owner was apologetic about the conditions of the water visibility due to recent rain past days. He said the conditions are getting better but the conditions I saw today were by far some of the most beautiful things my brain and eyes have processed. I can’t wait to see what tomorrow will hold too bad I didn’t have my camera. I kind of made a big deal about this. Got some people upset dive master wasn’t happy when I signaled him to exit just so we could get my camera. But haha good day it was. I’ll be ready tommorow with GoPro in hand.
Sounds like a great time. I recently dove Yanbu and had a great experience too! One of the harder things in KSA is finding a dive shop, so would you please let me know who you used. I have a trip planned for Jeddah later this year. Thanks!

Sounds like a great time. I recently dove Yanbu and had a great experience too! One of the harder things in KSA is finding a dive shop, so would you please let me know who you used. I have a trip planned for Jeddah later this year. Thanks!

I'm currently in contact with two dive centers in Yanbu.
Both have said that diving on weekdays either means shore diving or a private boat. Private costs $500 for 4 dives per day.
Shore diving is only one site.
They said weekends have dives and costs come down.

I'm also in contact with Jeddah dive centers.
I'm likely to dive with Al Haddad in Jeddah.

I'm currently in contact with two dive centers in Yanbu.
Both have said that diving on weekdays either means shore diving or a private boat. Private costs $500 for 4 dives per day.
Shore diving is only one site.
They said weekends have dives and costs come down.

I'm also in contact with Jeddah dive centers.
I'm likely to dive with Al Haddad in Jeddah.
Look forward to hearing about your trip. If you haven’t contacted this shop yet in Yanbu I would recommend sending them a message. I found prices competitive and a great DM. They do boat dives Fri/Sat and have a shore dive spot. SCUBA DIVER مركز الغواص الحر. While in Yanbu and you’re hungry try out Shrimp Side restaurant it was a local version of Bubba Gump Shrimp and amazing!

Look forward to hearing about your trip. If you haven’t contacted this shop yet in Yanbu I would recommend sending them a message. I found prices competitive and a great DM. They do boat dives Fri/Sat and have a shore dive spot. SCUBA DIVER مركز الغواص الحر. While in Yanbu and you’re hungry try out Shrimp Side restaurant it was a local version of Bubba Gump Shrimp and amazing!

Thank you!

Considering Yanbu now that there are direct flights from Dubai to Yanbu.

Still bothers me that weekday diving means the same shore dive for 4 days in a row.. 12 dives at the same spot..

Yanbu shore dive is very very average... If you want to dive for a week, book a liveaboard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom