Jellyfish Invasion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always wear a full suit and gloves. Winter or summer. Summer, it's a .5 mil. Not a skin.

They've been in Jupiter too: saw many many many Moon jellyfish, especially at the safety stop level on Friday and Saturday afternoon. Vis was terrible and the water was cold too (down to the high 60's at about 80 feet deep or so on Friday though in the low to mid 70's by Saturday afternoon). Not the most enjoyable dives but still better than working!

We saw tons of jellies diving out of Key Largo this week. I got this shot on Conch wall early in the week. Glad I had my 1mm wetsuit.

moon_jellies_1j_d2_keys_811.jpg

At first I thought I was looking at your rising bubbles then I realized those were all jellyfish... Get out now, get out while you still can!!!!

---
- FB-Florida Scuba Diver

Thousands and thousands of them today in Pompano 60' reefs. Thankfully I carefully avoided getting stung!

Yeah... Not getting hit by the Jellies was a challenge. There were thousands of them. Right outside of Hillsboro inlet, it looked like Jellyfish Lake!

Below 45 feet was pretty much jelly free, but the top 20 feet was well coated.

Delray Beach has so many, I actually had to snorkel *under* them in some places. That's a first for me.

For some reason the inshore area for about 80 feet out from the shore is much clearer and jelly-free.

Had a few reefs of moon jellys drifting towards the beach off Deerfield yesterday. I was out scooter free diving and caught some interesting GoPro HD images. I was surprised I hit one only once considering I was moving through them for almost two hours.

2_Aurelia_aurita.jpg

1_GOPR1439.jpg

Lots more photos at:

Attack of the Moon Jellys!!! - FKA Kiteboarding Forums

I was at BHB today about an hour after high tide and they were just getting dragged right out of the area, as my grandma would say, it was BUMPA TO BUMPA!

seriously, a ton of jellies!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom