Jet fin style foot pocket supposed to wobble?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I found and tried on some 6.5 mm booties (Waterproof B1 size large) and this greatly improved the gap on top of my foot. But my toes still can slide back and forth in the foot pocket. I'm not sure if the greater contact on top of the foot would be enough to keep my foot secure in the water or not. @cerich, how much narrower is the foot pocket in the L fin compared to the XL?

So I found and tried on some 6.5 mm booties (Waterproof B1 size large) and this greatly improved the gap on top of my foot. But my toes still can slide back and forth in the foot pocket. I'm not sure if the greater contact on top of the foot would be enough to keep my foot secure in the water or not. @cerich, how much narrower is the foot pocket in the L fin compared to the XL?
I'll have to check when I am back in office. Did you adjust the spring strap and see if that helps?

I figure if the foot pocket is too wide then I'm not sure ratcheting down on the spring strap would help.

Let me know about the width when you have a chance. Thanks @cerich!

I'll have to check when I am back in office. Did you adjust the spring strap and see if that helps?

I figure if the foot pocket is too wide then I'm not sure ratcheting down on the spring strap would help.

OK when I read you post " But my toes still can slide back and forth in the foot pocket" that sounded like fore and aft to put in sailor terms, side to side is what you mean?

OK when I read you post " But my toes still can slide back and forth in the foot pocket" that sounded like fore and aft to put in sailor terms, side to side is what you mean?
Yes, port to starboard if you will. :wink: There's no movement fore or aft.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom