Joewr and Jellyfish Research

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jellyfish-

I just look at them and film them, NOT eat them. That's for crazy people. Joewr, are you there?

Do you find it odd that the CAD's and CADettes will the most disgusting things, but won't dive in cold water. And that the rest of us will dive in anything and only eat "normal" food?

Is there a trend here???

DD,

I am not certain the corelation exists, but I have to admit there is a hint of adventure in the culinary habits of the CAD. However, with the exception of Keralucu, I think that the CAD and CADettes have generally enjoyed your video much, much more than a plate brimming with jellyfish for desert!

(We need to be careful to give credit here, by the way, for the "ette" usage. I cannot remember who it was, but a creative soul in the past dubbed Mrs. Zagnut as "Zagnette". I do not think she has assumed that mantle, however.)

I can tell, you, speaking only for myself, that I would even prefer to dive with you in that water than to consume one more of the critters. I actually have done it twice: once in Japan and once in China. I vowed never to do it again! And I am sticking to that vow!

Joewr...California rolling outta here...

ummm.... agedoshi dofu? chawan mushi? (Oh, you said that already!) chicken yakitori? miso?

Can we stop talking about food? I am starving and it's still 2 hours till lunch time!

Hmmm..... DD..... very good pointu desu.... we see a pattern emerging... but I still like to eat jellyfish. And deep fried locusts.

:p :p

Would that be jellyfish for desSert as opposed to jellyfish in hot sand covered in camel droppings???

Alison,

I dont' even know what that stuff in your post was, but it was making me queasy just thinking about it. I think I've had too much Halloween candy tonite!

Joewr-we're making progess here! A true breakthru. I'll just threaten you with funky food, and force you to dive with us in our element! A plan is hatching......

I guess the CAD's have got more time to try things as they spend less time diving :p

Jonathan

I, blush, made a spelling error! Alison, you shame me! And I cannot even blame it on NetDoc as a failed attempt at a pun...it must be the biscotti we were discussing...gotta change brands soon...

Joewr...well, at least there was no comma fault!

Do we get into trouble if we range too far off the jellyfish subject?

Keraluca hasn't mentioned the Shanghainese delicacy of Braised Sea Slugs with Black Mushrooms- YUMMY! Rather difficult to pick up with chopsticks (slippery little suckers), but very good for you as they have zero cholesterol - you can justify anything these days if you want.

Jumping back to jellyfish - I once saw a large (about 2 1/2 foot diameter) jelly that had somehow been grabbed by a sea anemone half it's size and was in the process of being - eaten - I assume. Ocean surge and all, it did look like quite a lot of action was going on, and the streaks of colo(ur) flashed across the jelly - you actually felt quite sorry for it, as it seemed to be trying to get away.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom