Joining girlfriend on PADi Open Water dives...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thats true, but this is a referral, just qualifying dives...
When did you, Emilio, last dive. Maybe you need a check dive or refresher. Your girlfriend because she has just done her training should be competent, are you? If not then you could potentially disrupt the course. I am sure thats the last thing you would wish to do...

Stephen, good point. I will obviously will try not to disrupt, I never had any issues with te exercises the first time and I plan to review everything before we go.

Thanks everyone for your advise!:)

I would like to be able to join her on the boat and ideally the dives but a couple of places told me certified divers couldn't join.

That is because it would be breaking PADI standards if the Instructor would guide divers at the same time as he is teaching

I don't actually mind doing the exercises again if it comes to that,...

You would then have to participate in the course (theory, confinedand OW) and pay the course price. Alternatively bring a referral form and pay for the referral course.

Could I at least be o the same boat? Has anyone done the referral dives there and had some certified divers join?

You get most out of the day if the two of you go on the same boat and when it's time to dive your girlfriend goes with the Instructor and you go with the dive guide. This way you get mor3e out of the dive than if you'd sit on the bottom waiting for your girlfriend to finish the skills and your girlfriend gets to do the skills without you hanging around stressing her out. It doesn't matter how much you love each other and how well you know that it would not because it will stress her having you there while she's doing the course. Nothing good comes out of it. Trust me, after nearly one and half decade teaching diving full time I can save you alot of headache.

My suggestion:
Send Red Sea Shaddow an email and let him sort out all this stuff for you. Yeah it's true I never met the guy but I've read a lot he writes here on the forum and I would recommend him to my younger sister if she wanted to take a course on the other side of our Red Sea.

Wish you a wicked holliday!

Cool Runnings
Anders

My suggestion:
Send Red Sea Shaddow an email and let him sort out all this stuff for you. Yeah it's true I never met the guy but I've read a lot he writes here on the forum and I would recommend him to my younger sister if she wanted to take a course on the other side of our Red Sea.
:blush:
Thanks man :)

You would then have to participate in the course (theory, confinedand OW) and pay the course price. Alternatively bring a referral form and pay for the referral course.
Actually some of the certified divers are keen about revising the skills every now and then. Sometimes certified divers join beginner courses just to do that.

My suggestion:

Wish you a wicked holliday!

Cool Runnings

Ok, since you started with the flattering, I'd like to take advantage of the opportunity and tell again how much I like your website WELCOME TO AZIAB

One does not find so often such a site as yours, clearly done with love and dedication to the Red Sea, and I always recommend anyone who asks about going to the area to visit your site before the trip.

I'd like to take advantage of the opportunity and tell again how much I like your website WELCOME TO AZIAB

One does not find so often such a site as yours, clearly done with love and dedication to the Red Sea.
Exactly. The site is very comprehensive and developed with passion.

Ok, since you started with the flattering, I'd like to take advantage of the opportunity and tell again how much I like your website WELCOME TO AZIAB

One does not find so often such a site as yours, clearly done with love and dedication to the Red Sea, and I always recommend anyone who asks about going to the area to visit your site before the trip.

Exactly. The site is very comprehensive and developed with passion.

Awww... You Guys...

Thanks!

...a...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom