Joke

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaroo

Contributor
Reaction score
Old computer joke...

A user is working away happily in Windows, when the screen just goes blank. Nothing they try or do helps. Finally they rings up Microsoft to speak to the help desk.

HD: "So what seems to be the problem (apart from the fact you're using a Microsoft product)?"

User: "I was using Excel and it just stopped working. The screen went blank"

HD: "Did you log out?"

User: "No"

HD: "Did you accidently reboot?"

User: "No"

HD: "Is the monitor still plugged in"

User: (fumbles around behind the monitor) "I don't know, I can't see if it is"

HD: "There should be two cables - a power cable and a monitor cable"

User: "No, you don't understand - there's a blackout - the office lights are off - I can't see the cables"

HD: (pauses) "Oh" (pauses again) "Do you still have the box your computer came in?"

User: "Yes"

HD: "Still got all the manuals and disks?"

User: "Yes. Why, is it that serious?"

HD: "I'm afraid so. You're going to have to pack your computer up and send it back to the computer shop"

User: "Why?"

HD: "BECAUSE YOU'RE TOO FRIKKIN STUPID TO OWN A COMPUTER!!!"

This is entirely irrelevant to anything. :)

not sure that wasn't actually a true story.....

Remember those old 5.25 inch floppy things? When I started my first job I received a software upgrade with the letter sayin "please find attached..." it sure was, stapled to the letter!

The first computer I used on the job had a 9 inch floppy. But then again, I'm older than dirt.

Hi Dennis

Even though I'm a bit younger than you, I've also udes the big ones in my sinfull past.

I still remember the whole department showing up to see a 1M chip needed in a new computer. We were also burning EEPROMs to run tests on the computer controlled equipment - very high teck for those days (early 80'ies).

...this is an entry from the Compaq help desk files. Actually happend. The technicain was fired. He is still one of my heros and should have a holiday in his honor!:balloon:

The first personal comp I worked with had 4K of RAM and a tape recorder to store the files/programs. Disks? Heck, this thing didn't even have lower case letters.

Remember the Z-80?

Gotta go take my Geritol now.

Man...I think the Atari that I had back in first grade was faster..hehe..I am a new comer to this field....I started when the PII came out...You have probably forgot..more than I will ever know...Oh well, back to my Dual Xeon, w/ 2Gb Ram...workstaion....Time for some solitaire...hehe..Just kidding..

Kenny=-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom