Jonathan Bird panics while diving for sea lion video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

J322Y

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
If you aren't familiar, Jonathan Bird is an underwater photographer and naturalist who hosts Blue World.

I was watching his webisode on sea lions, and was shocked to see him panic as he surfaced from a dive. I can't understand why they would include that footage in the video. Seeing such an experienced diver in a state of panic like that makes a new diver like myself worry.

If anyone can explain it to me it would be helpful. Thanks. You can see for yourself starting at 5:06 into the video:

Ask him. He's a member here... @Fishbird
I would love to hear Jonathan's explanation about what was going through his mind when the incident happened!

If you aren't familiar, Jonathan Bird is an underwater photographer and naturalist who hosts Blue World.

I was watching his webisode on sea lions, and was shocked to see him panic as he surfaced from a dive. I can't understand why they would include that footage in the video. Seeing such an experienced diver in a state of panic like that makes a new diver like myself worry.

If anyone can explain it to me it would be helpful. Thanks. You can see for yourself starting at 5:06 into the video:

Huh? Where, exactly, did he panic?

Took me a couple of views to see it. He was obviously in distress and they just sat there filming him.

I see what you did there(but it took awhile for me to get it)!

I'm still not seeing any panic, but I understand if there was. I used to love interacting with sea lions until I was attacked by a bull. When I see one now I keep a close watch, ready to defend myself just in case.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom