Journal of my cruise with diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrats on your certification! Will the better half learn to dive as well?

Nothing would please me more, but here's how it went. In 2000 we took a vacation to St Croix. I was all excited about doin a Discover Scuba. I signed us both up for a dive. We were the last boat out before hurricane Debby struck. We did our "confined" water drills off the side of the boat in shallow-ish water. My wife freaked out and panicked. She just knew she would drown. I took to it like a fish.

When we returned, my sister and brother in law got me a gift certificate for OW lessons. I tried to talk my wife into going and ended up with the GC sitting there for nearly 4 years. Well, we decided to take this cruise and I dusted off the GC and got my cert. When we came back I got AOW. I love it.

She still is certain that man was not meant to breathe under water.

Oh, here's something. We did our Discover Scuba dive in August. In October we went skydiving. We had never done it before. She jumped out of the plane like it was nothing. Go figure, breathing from a tank 30 feet below the surface is scary, falling to earth from 2.5 miles up isn't :11:

Linthorn:
Oh, here's something. We did our Discover Scuba dive in August. In October we went skydiving. We had never done it before. She jumped out of the plane like it was nothing. Go figure, breathing from a tank 30 feet below the surface is scary, falling to earth from 2.5 miles up isn't :11:

See I'm the opposit of your wife... Breathing air from a metal tube in 100 fsw doesn't bother me... but there is no way in H*** you are going to get me to jump out of a perfectly good airplane

Linthorn:
Nothing would please me more, but here's how it went. In 2000 we took a vacation to St Croix. I was all excited about doin a Discover Scuba. I signed us both up for a dive. We were the last boat out before hurricane Debby struck. We did our "confined" water drills off the side of the boat in shallow-ish water. My wife freaked out and panicked. She just knew she would drown. I took to it like a fish.

When we returned, my sister and brother in law got me a gift certificate for OW lessons. I tried to talk my wife into going and ended up with the GC sitting there for nearly 4 years. Well, we decided to take this cruise and I dusted off the GC and got my cert. When we came back I got AOW. I love it.

She still is certain that man was not meant to breathe under water.

Well there is hope. My wife did the same exact thing. I've been diving for eight years and she is just starting to talk about getting certified. . .becuase my eight year old son is saying he wants to go as soon as he can get the junior certification. Anyway, it makes for a great excuse to go to the Caribbean a lot!

Due to the fact that we live in Maryland diving means travel to warm exotic locations. My wife fully supports my hobby.

"When are you going to play with all your new toys?"

Linthorn:
I just finished constructing a website of my vacation which included OW cert and diving on the Golden Princess this past August. Take a look, there are some UW photos as well

http://www.deeanddave.com

Enjoyed your cruise write up esp. since my hubby and I went on a cruise last month. He doesn't dive but supports my habit. I did 4 dives on 3 islands while we were cruising.

Linthorn, good for you! You sure got a lot of dives in even though you were newly certified. But what's more impressive is the UW pics you took. You take pics like you've been shooting underwater for years. What kind of set up do you have?

Thanks for the complements!!! My set-up is actually nice, but film-based. I have a Sea and Sea MX-10 and an external flash unit. I understand the flash is a major player in getting decent pics. The camera has a built-in flash, but that makes the water version of red-eye, backscatter. I do get some with the external, but less.

Good for you getting the dives in. I certainly understand your position!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom