June 2013 - Back to the Summer Again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Man, I feel for those heading down there this week.....looks like some major rain for the next few days:

1L.jpg

Hope it moves out soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, I feel for those heading down there this week.....looks like some major rain for the next few days:
Yup, that's why I booked for the 14th. I knew this was coming :)

Actually, I told them to wash the island before I arrived. I like my islands clean.

Washed or washed AWAY?!?!?! :) I am hearing it is quite the torrential rains.....

I was there a few months after Wilma. It can't get much worse than that :)

There has been lots of rain, every day so far. The diving, however, is still fantastic as long as you stay off the really shallow reefs. The runoff from the torrential downpours have affected visibility greatly there. The good news is that the rain has kept it considerably cooler than usual. It's already breaking 100 in Texas, so the temps here are pretty sweet :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

I will be in Coz the 18th and 19th with my grandson.Staying at Suites Vima and diving with my friends at opal's Dream.
June 2013 "Back" Roll:

Nashwl, May 29-June 5, Hogtown Motel, Papa Hogs
wcprominence +1, May 31-June 9, ?, ?
rromero2 +2, June 1-8, El Cid, Babieca
Firefyter, June 2-9, Blue Angel, Blue Angel
scootermcfly, June 5-12, Hotel Cozumel, Aqua Safari
h20dave +2, June 7-12, Sabor, Dive Palancar
AmyLoraR & kevmiami, June 7-16, Villa Las Anclas, ?
cpichette +1, June 8-16, Casa Privada, Aldora
hyperbaric_1, June 9-14, ?, ?
Chilidog11, June 9-16, Park Royal, Dive with Martin
tomhooper +1, June 10-20, Suites Bahia, Grupo America
MMM, June 10-27, Casa MMM, Living Underwater
atatt & dtatt, June 11-23, Cozumel Palace, Scuba Mau
Txredneck +1, June 12-18, Blue Angel, Blue Angel
Mossman, June 14-22, Secrets Aura, Living Underwater
jdubz +1, June 15-22, Cozumel Palace, Aldora
texbob +1, June 16-20, Vista Del Mar, Aldora
weaver9710, June 16-23, El Cantil, Living Underwater
jrankney1, June 16-25, Vista del Mar, Dive with Martin
njones259, June 18-19, Suites Vima, Opal's Dream
Pelagicsal, June 18-December 20, Seaside Bungalows, TBD
Rhodesaz, mid-June, Occidental Grand, [pending]
WestHoustonDiver +5, June 21, day trip, Scuba Mau
underachiever +1, June 21-30, Villa Blanca, Opal's Dream
burrito +1, June 21-27, Hotel Cozumel, Dive Paradise
USC8791 +2, June 22-29, Villas Costa del Sol, Living Underwater
VicScubaVentures, June 29-July 6, Scuba Club, Scuba Club
wills029 +1, June 29-July 6, Blue Angel, Blue Angel
OSUcowboyinSPFD, June 29-July 6,
Cozumel Palace, Blue Project
DeepSeaDan +13, June 29-July 6, Occidental Grand, Palancar Divers
ilympt +2, June 29-July 10, Allegro, Pro Dive

Posting from the ferry. I took the afternoon dive yesterday and in glad I diem the sun poked out for our dives and the vis was great. Also saw a spotted eagle ray. Yep, they day they are gone, but we have at least one straggler.

We're at Tamarindo B & B diving with Diver Down Cozumel. The rain has been pretty heavy/steady, but the diving has been fantastic. It's still plenty warm, but not disgustingly hot. We're using the A/C periodically, but the rain has definitely cooled things down. My lady misses the open sunshine as she likes to turn herself into a lobster, but as for me, the overcast sky's have allowed me to record stuff pointing any direction as the clouds are acting as a big diffuser, and the red filter is not being brought out by direct light.

We're done 6 dives in our our 4 days so far, we took one day off for weather/sleep. As long as the weather holds, we will be doing an evening and night dive in about an hour and a half.

The critters down here are great, we've seen the nurse sharks, turtles, lobster, grouper, lion fish, triggers, and well just too many to really say. There are also a good amount of eels to be found quite readily.

The weather has been rainy from around 0500-1100/1200hrs, then it stops and remains gray with scattered openings for blue. The thunder and rain has been pretty crazy at night, but I like it :)

The wreck was a lot of fun yesterday, and the current dives have been soooooooo much fun, it's like flying on some of them. It reminds me of eddy hopping in rivers, go with the flow, the suck in behind some type of coral structure and hang out with all the critters that are doing the same. We're here till the 9th, and it looks like the weather will be settling when we're making our way out.

Dive Safe and Have fun!

Haha if you are from San Fran, the wet conditions probably don't bother you in the least lol! Glad you are having a good time even though it is raining.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom