Juneau Skagway visitor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks but I have trimix to blend.

I've thought about the geocaching thing. My thought was a gps cord to a beach site then a compass heading from there Maybe to another location with another compass heading just to add to the difficulty?

How are you guys planning on doing it?

Dave

Last edited:
Just got back from vacationing in Juneau myself, did some kayaking, by the mendehall glacier (or however you spell it), it is beautiful up there, and I bet July will be even nicer. I didnt have the chance to go diving but if i had to do it all over again...I would do it in a heartbeat!!!

But next time I would go with divers...

Thanks but I have trimix to blend.

I've thought about the geocaching thing. My thought was a gps cord to a beach site then a compass heading from there Maybe to another location with another compass heading just to add to the difficulty?

How are you guys planning on doing it?

Dave

We were mulling over several ideas, one would be to have a compass bearing from the beach then further directions like "go to 75', head south at 75' for 300', look for a large man-made object. Check the top of the man-made object for the cache. Once retrieved, write in the little geo-log when and where found and add something and replace it next time you dive there. Now we need some small watertight container that can sink with a max of 2 or 3 pd. weight.

Poog:coffee:

Well I took the cable car to the top of the mountain, ate some Dungeness crab by the water, made it out to the glacier, hiked around town and hit some of the local bars. Downtown Juneau is a great town for a pub crawl, about every fourth building is a bar.

When you see the phrase "it doesn't always rain here, sometimes it snows" in the tourism brochure, you know you can forget the sun block but remember to bring your foul weather gear.

Next stop the thriving metropolis of Skagway for three weeks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom