Jupiter 2010 - Ongoing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FritzCat66

Florida Reef Cat
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I thought I created a thread with this heading earlier, but apparently not, so anyway...

I'm leaning towards doing the 9am 2-tank morning dive with Jupiter Dive Center tomorrow (July 31).

Weather and marine forecast look perfect:
Saturday
West southwest winds 5 to 8 knots becoming south southwest 6 to 9 knots. Seas less than 2 feet. Intracoastal waters a light chop.

Plus, the mini-season craziness will be over!

1) Any other SBers doing JDC on Saturday morning? Let me know so I can book that boat (both have availability right now).

2) Anyone from the Space Coast / Daytona / East Orlando area want to carpool? Right now I'm going solo, would be nice to split gas. Am planning to dive, go out for lunch, then come back, usually home 5-ish.

Fritz, I can't do a Saturday but are you ever available to dive on a Friday? They have a great Friday afternoon 2-tanker.

Fritz, I can't do a Saturday but are you ever available to dive on a Friday? They have a great Friday afternoon 2-tanker.

Unfortunately, due to the 2.5 hours it takes me to drive there, a Friday afternoon dive would actually take me out of work the whole day, which makes it unlikely. :depressed: For those times when I'm taking Friday off anyway, I usually make the most of it by doing the morning 3-tanker.

For me, the advantage of the morning dives is getting back home and thus not incurring the overnight costs. That's also why Jupiter is my most common site - it's the closest really good reef with reliably good ops as I drive I-95 south. Luckily it also happens to have some of the best diving in all of Florida! I would like to be getting down to Boynton and beyond more, but I hate having to pay even a cheap hotel the same price I would be paying for a boat trip. I can budget the gas and about two boat trips every other weekend - or one boat trip and a hotel stay. Which would you choose? :shakehead:

I have a light at the end of this tunnel: With some luck, early next year I'm planning on trading in my pop-up for a used camper van so I can just park at a Wal-Mart overnight and dive South Florida all weekend - seriously! Whatever it takes, ya know? :wink:

(shiesh I feel like a freaking junkie...)

I'll be on one of the boats tomorrow morning. Not sure which one, my buddy made the reservation.

Fritz...

If I wasn't working evenings till 2am and planning for a Keys trip in a week, I'd gladly carpool down there with ya. Maybe we can set something up in the near future on a weekend.

Fritz, I hear ya! I don't like a morning weekday dive in Jupiter because the rush hour traffic from S. Broward is killer. Maybe I'll catch you up there on a Sunday then.

I'm envious that you're getting a Class B, I've been lusting after one for years for the very same reason!

Hehe.. and I was thinking I like diving on the weekdays because there are not as many people on the boat. THere is a BIG EXPANSE of empty cow land between me and Jupiter. No traffic for me once I hit I95

Lucky you...I'm in SE Broward and Jupiter is in NE Palm Beach County so I have to navigate BOTH of those rush hour traffic hells to get to the boat for a morning dive. Did it once last year, exhausting.

Good dives this morning on Republic IV. 6 turtles, 4-6 reef sharks, 5 or 6 nurse sharks, a dozen or more goliath grouper, saw a couple lobsters that people missed, saw 1 lionfish, who is no longer with us.

12 people on the boat was also very nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom