Jupiter 2010 - Ongoing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KILL the FISHY--- arrrggghhhhhhh--- death to the little demons -- may they quiver in pain and flap their last gill plate while I stare into their eye as their life fades..

We're on Republic IV between dives right now.

Upwelling today with thermo at 50' down to 75 F and crap vis...

We did see hammerheads and a swordfish...

I'd take crap vis and a thermocline to see hammerheads and a swordfish!

I'm envious that you're getting a Class B, I've been lusting after one for years for the very same reason!

I'm finding circa-2000 vintage Roadtreks for less than $20K, typically with well under 100K miles on them (because it's not like people commute in a Class-B, most people really only take them out a couple times a year).

That's the kind of thing I'll be looking for - basically a tiny hotel room on wheels, with a generator and A/C. At that point, for a diving weekend, all I'll need is parking space - which in the worst case I can mooch off Wally World.

So yeah, like you, I'm thinking a Class-B camper van will fit the "cheap mobile weekend diver" bill perfectly!

Where are you finding those? I'm finding OLD ones for that price and year 2000+ I'm seeing ridiculously high prices.

I've been wanting a Roadtrek 190 Popular for quite some time and just haven't found the right deal.

My budget is $10K and not needing repairs. It still eludes me. I'm not in a hurry though, as I don't get two days off in a row and wouldn't use it much. :(

JDC 3 tanker yesterday on Republic IV. Got some great sightseeing in, and caught a few bugs in the process. Killed both lionfish that I saw.

We were worried about the water in the 50's and 60's that were reported on saturday, but as fate would have it we got blue water in the upper 70's and lower 80's. Lots of Algae/crud floating in the water, which was quite distracting and somewhat disorienting, but overall the dives were very good. Saw several turtles, some GG's, and the usual fish. Several grunts/porgies/parrotfish/etc dead on the bottom from the cold water the previous couple days.

Thanks to JDC, can't wait till next time!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom