Jupiter vs. Boynton Beach Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Too add to the local pros posting here, we are diving with UWE for the same reasons they mention in Dec, plus I want to meet a legend in diving (not looking for reduced rates Willa :wink:) and like the PADI Good Book says......."thou shalt NOT do a dive without a local before diving a new area, so let it be written, so let in be done"
or maybe I mixed two movies.........just use the boat for cruising.

Last edited:
JDC just opened a new location in Pompano.
Throught the month of November they're haveing a special 2 tank dive EVERYDAY for $45.00
This is awesome for those who are only certed to dive up to 60 fsw.
Plenty of shallow dives in Pompano.
The dives in Jupiter are deep with heavy current.

Also....if you're diving off your own boat, will you have someone to captain the boat and follow the ball?
There's no way you're going to swim back to the boat in S. Fla.
Every dive is a drift dive here.

Hello, Palm Beach Inlet and Breakers Reef, South Doubles, Horse Shoe Reef, Juno Ledges, yada, yada, yada. All in good fun! Scott

Juno Ledges I'd agree (Site also refered to as ""Area 51"), but I always consider this a "Jupiter" site vs a WPB site.

The ones you mentioned are good; still will give the edge to Boynton on reefs - but the overall goes (for me) to Jupiter - all just personal preference. :D

If my hubby has a day off while you're here, we might be able to dive/boat with you. We used to have our own boat, and did a fair bit of diving off it. We always took another couple of friends, so it was always 2 up/2 down. We did the boynton/boca/deerfield stretch the most, and hubby was good with visual triangulation. But, those 3 inlets(Boynton, Boca and Hillsboro) are some of the most challenging in the area to use. And they're all in a row. Boca might have a waterfront hotel with a slip(and it will be very pricey!), but I can't think of any others off those 3 inlets. Further south or further north for the hotels.

...There's no way you're going to swim back to the boat in S. Fla.
Every dive is a drift dive here.

"No way" and "Every" are a bit absolute here as it is done. Drift diving is nice and lazy though. Nothing like jumping in.. flying along, surface and stick out your hand for the captain to manuever the ladder into it.

Juno Ledges I'd agree (Site also refered to as ""Area 51"), but I always consider this a "Jupiter" site vs a WPB site.

The ones you mentioned are good; still will give the edge to Boynton on reefs - but the overall goes (for me) to Jupiter - all just personal preference. :D

I mentioned Juno Ledges in error. Meant Black Rock, Juno Caves, Zeiglers Zoo and other names that I cannot recall. Those dives are in 90-100ft I just remembered though. Boynton & Delray are fantastic but a bit fished out compared to PB Inlet North...Was on Juno Ledges today, marginal vis. Relocated further off-shore with vis much better. We live in diver's mecca..:banana: Send me PM when next visiting up this way. Gerry and Adam speak highly of you...:)

"No way" and "Every" are a bit absolute here as it is done. Drift diving is nice and lazy though. Nothing like jumping in.. flying along, surface and stick out your hand for the captain to manuever the ladder into it.

Eric, went out with Dan Brady and the Blue Tang last Satuday. Nice operation. He put us on lobster and his boat flys with his new engine. Thanks for referal...:)

Last edited:
Eric, went out with Dan Brady and the Blue Tang last Satuday. Nice operation. He put us on lobster and his boat flys with his new engine. Thanks for referal...:)

My kinda outfit too!! If you show up at 0901 for a 0900 trip you can wave to him from the dock as the boat gets smaller :mooner:

Unlike JDC where I get there :30 minutes early.. set up my crap then wait for an hour so the half hour late peeps can get rushed aboard ---- very rude on their part to everyone else who has their S together..:no:

I have to agree with most of the posts thus far, although i woundn't say every dive in south fl is a drift dive. As mentioned, the currents north of broward county tend to be stronger. I learned the hard way that you never anchor on a wreck in West Palm Beach b/c of the currents. I live in Ft Lauderdale and we have lots of great dive sites down here too. There are days that you can anchor on a reef or wreck without a problem....other days, the current picks up and i would recommend drift dives. There are a few shallow reefs with mooring balls that you can tie up to but my soon to be husband (who used to be in the coast guard) drilled into my brain that you NEVER leave the boat unattended so that would mean having a captain or another couple of divers for 2 up/2 down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom