Just about everyone need editing!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

30ktyfm.jpg

i dont mind color or colour,,,, but colur, culler or its varients are too much of a push for me. some just aint got no lernun. some do and dont care and others are sticklers to a deaf croud.

---------- Post added June 22nd, 2014 at 08:33 PM ----------

Who needs any literary skills when you have this to carry you through life. daaaah

The irony in the title of this post is classic. I actually chuckled out loud. Thank you, I needed that today.

Ah, grammar. The difference between knowing your s*it, and knowing you're s*it :wink:

For those with a grammar Nazi persuasion, I'd say 'Eats, Shoots and Leaves' is the book for you :)

i dont mind color or colour,,,, but colur, culler or its varients are too much of a push for me. some just aint got no lernun. some do and dont care and others are sticklers to a deaf croud.

Yesterday a friend sent me a text that read "Women rule, men derul." It took me quite some time to figure out WTF he meant.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

The irony in the title of this post is classic. I actually chuckled out loud. Thank you, I needed that today.

Me too - and I'm the one who started it! (I did go back and edit it - nearly immediately - but it didn't "take") But this is exactly my point! It's humiliating when I make an error for the world to see - but I have to be able to laugh at myself or I'll miss out on too many good laughs. :p

It is true than many e-books very clearly have not had the services of a good editor and/or proofreader. This could have been the author instead of a professional, but apparently he/she didn't have the skills & didn't hire the pro.

BTW I would like to know if it's OK to note errors and to whom the note could be sent. I remember highlighting some in Deco For Divers print edition too. All were typos, not errors by the author as I recall (it's been like 4 yrs).

I'm not an English major but I've edited & translated for decades ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom