Just Back From Lembeh And Ra - Airline Fees And Experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As with almost everything, there are exceptions. I did a trip to Grand Turk a couple years ago (so things might have changed since then) and I connected through MIA on my way to Toronto. I have a NEXUS Card, my traveling companion did not and neither of us had to claim our luggage in MIA. It was routed from PLS all the way to YYZ.

I believe that this thread was about connecting domestically in the US coming from an international location. The international to international transit via a US Gateway is not something I have experience with. That truly might be subject to a different policy.

Also, the experience will be totally different if the international airport has a per-clearance facility.
Preclearance Locations | U.S. Customs and Border Protection

Singapore Airlines & Silk Air are strick on carry on. I had to keep my carryon under 7kg when I checkin in Houston.

No complaint from my part since they let me carry 2 of up to 23kg luggages & paying Houston-Jakarta roundtrip for $680 on last November trip to Raja Ampat.
I am glad its strictly enforced. During turbulance, it may land on someones head.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom