Just bit the bullet on a new Fusion.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aqua-Andy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just ordered a new Fusion Bullet suit with the SLT upgrade and a $99 tech skin. I have read almost all the fusion posts I could find and many thanks to TsandM, Rick Inman, DA Aquamaster, fdog and all the others who have posted reviews on this suit and convinced me to make the step and make the purchase. My suit won't be in for a couple of weeks but the shop it is coming from Is loaning me one of there rentals for a dive this coming friday night. I can't wait to see how it dives compared to my NexGen. I guess after reading all the Fusion posts my only question left is how is everyone rinsing the suit after an ocean dive? Are you pulling all the velcro away from the dry core?

So, did you get the Bullet, or the Tech skin? I've now dived all three -- the Sport, Tech and Bullet skins -- and have discovered that I like the Tech skin the best. No, the pockets probably wouldn't do for cave diving, where you load them up with "stuff", but for open water diving, they're fine, and the skin is easier to rinse because the lycra parts let water through. With the Bullet, I was pulling the velcro open and running the hose down between the skin and suit, and it was kind of a nuisance.

I purchased the Bullet suit and also the tech skin. Whites is running a special on the top of this page for a free tech skin with the purchase of a package or to just purchase the tech skin for $99. we do a lot of entries and exits where we are sliding on rocks and also some wreck penetration so I thought the Bullet would be better. I figured for $99 I would purchase the tech skin and if I like that better I would try and sell the Bullet skin. But I have not dove it yet so only time will tell. I guess I just could not pass up having an extra skin worth $375 for $99.

Well I picked up the loaner suit last night and tried it on with my heaviest undergarments and found it to be a pain to get on. I thought the hardest part was trying to put my arms in the sleeves, the end of the zipper looks like it would take a beating being spread that far apart while donning and doffing the suit. But on a good note I was able to bend all the way down and put on my boots with the suit fully donned, In my NexGen that would be a chore and I usually put my boots on when the suit is still around my waist. I do like that it is so form fitting and flexible. I will see how it dives tonight.

I dove the suit last night for two dives a total of almost two hours in water time. All I can say is WOW this thing is like cheating when it comes to buoyancy. I noticed venting is totally effortless and I did not even have to think about trying to manage the air bubble, it just did it on it's own. It took ne adout the same time to don and doff the suit as it did my NexGen just totally different technique.

Ok, I just downloaded my computer and plugged in the numbers. SAC for dive 1 .48 dive two .46, this is my lowest ever. I usually avg .6 . This suit cant be that good is it?

Last edited:
Yes, it can! Glad you're happy with it.

I purchased the Bullet suit and also the tech skin. Whites is running a special on the top of this page for a free tech skin with the purchase of a package or to just purchase the tech skin for $99. we do a lot of entries and exits where we are sliding on rocks and also some wreck penetration so I thought the Bullet would be better. I figured for $99 I would purchase the tech skin and if I like that better I would try and sell the Bullet skin. But I have not dove it yet so only time will tell. I guess I just could not pass up having an extra skin worth $375 for $99.
Where did you buy the Tech skin for $99? Is that something your LDS did for you through Whites? I see the add on the Whites website, but I don't see a way to buy it through them.

Thanks.

You have to purchase the skin through your local dive shop, they should honer the $99 price.

I love my bullet, I got the sport skin for traveling. I dont have the new seals yet but I will get teh $300 retro fit later on if and when my current seals go bad. And yes the suit is just that good!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom