Just bought my first double hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been checking out some of the upgrades on VDH and I will be replacing all the rubber. I know I will get hooked and eventually I upgrade it with the Cyclone first stage and HPR but for now I just want to get it functioning as originally intended.
I had a beautiful vintage USD J valve but I sold it :-( I still have a Sherwood J but it has the plastic knob and lever and does not look vintage. I think I will get a Dacor J valve with a hp port on it so I can use a SPG if I want to. I have a few of the old style chrome gauges in good working condition with the input connector on the bottom instead of on the side like most new ones have. I have a couple Voits, a Scubapro and I even have a White Stag gauge.
I have a SP backpack with SP buckles. It has the wide steel band and the hand crank wheel to tighten it. It looks like it will place the reg low between my shoulder blades. Also have a good round bottom steel tank and various other older stuff like jetfins, tri view hog nose mask, jet snorkel, old USD weights, a Dacor and USD knife, etc. Everything may not be period correct to 1962-3 but it's all vintage/old and in good shape. I'm well on my way...

Back
Top Bottom