Just found 12 more cannons and 3 new wrecks...we need HELP! That's 35 sites so far!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheMuseumGuy

Reaction score
Monterey CA/Dominican Republic/Puerto Rico
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
We have found 35 wreck sites so far from the 16th-18th centuries plus one from 1802 the "Conqueror" AKA "La Viete" or Napoleon's lost payroll ship purported to be holding 10 chests weighing 1,000 lbs each full of gold, silver and copper coins in the first 10 miles and we have 90 more miles of territory to search...the math says 350 possible sites if the numbers hold true.

The fact she holds coins is not as important to us as the fact there is a good chance this vessel was destined to occupy New Orleans in 1802 when President Jefferson said: "If France ever occupies New Orleans, we will have to marry the British Navy and its country." Six months after her loss, Napoleon sold the Louisiana Territory changing history a bit I would venture to guess. What a center-piece for a museum!

We don't really have room on our existing excavations for individual divers unless they pay their own way and then some but would share in the recoveries, but maybe what would work even better is a group that either has a search and salvage vessel and crew and no contract...ie: All dressed up with nowhere to go...or possibly a dive charter biz that is slack in the summer but has their own budget. A marine construction outfit? Or maybe someone or group that wants to get into it but only has the budget and not the vessel and crew or a synergistic relationship. Or?

You could be bringing up cannons and nice stuff your first day here! (FYI: 99% of our wrecks are in shallow water. Only one so far is about 85'. That is why they sank usually, they hit something. So, 35' to 45' is about average. Long bottom times in your skivies...85 degrees and sometimes gin-clear.)

If there is anyone out there interested let me know here.

The govt gets 50% of course and the other 50% we could find an equitable split. We will try to encourage you to display your share in the museum but the choice will be yours. (The return could actually be higher in the museum because why sell something once when people will pay money to look at them for decades & generations to come?)

We can't sub-lease but we can form JV's or Limited Partnerships.

All artifacts will have to be recovered under the strict guidelines of proper archaeology under supervision, which actually adds value to the artifacts.

Ask questions in this thread if you have any so I only have to answer them once unless it is private and then send me a private message. I have limited time on-line...sorry, kinda busy! Up to my eyeballs in artifacts! Yea!

(I can not, of course, promise you will have an ROI since there are so many variables including Acts of God, but if you are serious, contact me and then fly down and check us out on your dime and make your decision then...we are based in Monte Cristi on the northwest coast of the DR closest to the Santiago Int'l Airport...our territory runs from Haiti to Puerto Plata...100 miles of coastline or approx 400 sq miles. Ask for the "Americanos" buscar pora barcas antiguas." They will show you the way to our compound on the beach.)

We also plan to stream live video from the excavations via a personal invite from YAHOO! Live and YouTube etc. with revenue sharing plus our site with Google Ads, kinda like a Reality show, so if you have an ROV(s) with high-quality video surface-feed capabilities, please contact me! A special disposition can be offered. Media representatives are encouraged to reply also.
If not, happy hunting!
Jack L. Rea
YouTube - Rick Menson Faro Oldest Church DR

Attachments

• Aqua Quest after.jpg
    Aqua Quest after.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Clever. You guys are way too cute! You really made my day! Any other opinions on my post? Maybe I should have posted in the AM? Tough crowd at nite huh? Not much going on I take it? Or is it the general policy to automatically attack any one posting about their 20 year commitment to something they believe in and proud of working with Oxford, NOVA and holding field schools: http://www.nova.edu/ocean/currents/currents_fall99.pdf to further the knowledge of archaeology with some of the most renowned PhD's in the industry? Thousands see the displays we have helped create in museums because of our efforts.

Do you guys run this thing...if so, I don't think I want to be here. Any comments from anyone else but these two or is this what everyone here is like???

Last edited:
It's afternoon where I am. I took a look at your website and that's what I saw. I said nothing about your credentials for doing it.

I will add that I that calling you spam was a bit out of line.

I'm here as a new diver looking for options that will provide experience and bottom time. Sounds like a fun way to log hours. Lol, I doubt a 19' bass boat will be of much use on blue water but for now hat's the only water craft I own. Still interested though so if there's a way ...

I think perhaps you are sufferng a little from a couple of other threads that have battered artifact recovery in every way shape or form - unless you're a 'marine archeologist' of course!

just seems a bit strange that sometimes we're told to leave everything for future divers, blah, blah and sometimes marine archeologists should recover artifacts.

by the way, i think we should all have a chance at recovering them

well done and good luck it sounds like a great project, if i was closer we'd be happy to help.

Jamie ,MV Trident - Archeological Research Vessel, Gulf of Thailand

bloody hell, it really is a crappy website!

no bull**** here

Jamie

PS what about that rocking horse, is it still there?

Well if your lagit, do internships with say noaa, underwater archs. Get a hold of robert meister, he did the english banks.

But, being on this board your best way for help is to have speacialty classes, They pay you.

Seems like ya could be spammen, or ya want Unknoweldgable divers.

What ever your looking for, its out there, just grab it.

Happy Diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom