Just got a Back Inflate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whether back inflation or otherwise, getting in trim is more about weight placement. I find that I like the bulk of my weights high in the shoulder area. This avoids a saddle back and is much easier on your back. Remember you do not have to release all your weights, just enough to become comfortably buoyant at the beginning of the dive.

When I first started diving back inflation was a no no. I have always preferred it over the huggy BC's. As already mentioned, each exposure protection change will reguire some weight adjustment.

Safe Diving,

Dale

The super low tank thing a lot of people recommend is a side effect of ill fitting BC's.If the BC fits properly and securely you shoudl be able to comfortable position the tank strap lower than what you are doing. As has been mentioned, the primary driver is whether or not you hit your head. This may have a little effect on trim but if anything probably in the wrong direction. weight placement will help trim.

Also, if during the dive you have a lot of air in the BC, this will effect your trim as well. The air bubble in your BC will travel up to the top of your BC tending to lift up your upper body.

- Freedro

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom