Just got back from Cayo coco/guillermo cuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sven

Reaction score
the facts ,the reef off cayo Guillermo is not 1km like all the brochures say ,its more like 3km, either way an unreachable swim on shore diving I saw only big conchs and star fish NO FISH AT ALL! ,
first i did some shallow snorkling ( by boat)off an island across from the sol club,great!!! excellent variety of fish and even found a moray,
next I hooked up with some scuba divers and I did some free diving further behind this island,35m isolated fringe reef,patches of reef,visability fair to good,many turtles and rays
did I tank dive off luna island,only 35$ across from play pillar,same as free dive,impressed by variety of sponges and sea fans,
free dove again(fun)close to same area,reef had some small coral overhangs,thought I might find a nurse shark put no such luck,mature angels,parrots, tiger grupers ect...

conclusion,all diving is by boat only ,actually reef structure aint that good but the chances of seeing some big creatures was very good,

Sven,
Thanks for the report. I always enjoy hearing about a place I've never been to. However, it doesn't sound too much different from the Florida Keys, this time of year.
:sunny:

Cool report, thanks. Ive been told that there is some decent diving in Santiago de Cuba. Ever been there?

Back
Top Bottom