Just got certified!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

congratulation....
welcome to scuba board

Hi ya, welcome and congrats

You stirred up the bottom - oh no! :11: Yeah, we all do...

I don't remember underwater nav in OW - good instructor. :thumb:

:cowboy2: don

large-smiley-012.gif

smiley-linie-010.gif

DandyDon:
You stirred up the bottom - oh no! :11: Yeah, we all do...

I don't remember underwater nav in OW - good instructor. :thumb:

:cowboy2: don

large-smiley-012.gif

smiley-linie-010.gif

Yeah, the underwater navigation wasn't complex - no turns, but my swim buddy and I did hit it. We were told at the surface to sight our compasses on the marker buoy that was maybe 300 feet away. We then went down to about 15 feet in depth in 3-foot visibility and started swimming with our instructor right behind us. We actually ran into the buoy's anchor line (beginner's luck)! The other swim pair (with another instructor right behind them) missed it and finally surfaced after a little bit.

Welcome to the board. Where do you dive in Arizona? I also live in a land locked state. I have to drive to NM (blue hole) for anything with decent vis. Have fun!

LGF:
Welcome to the board. Where do you dive in Arizona? I also live in a land locked state. I have to drive to NM (blue hole) for anything with decent vis. Have fun!

We certified in Lake Pleasant, which is northwest of Phoenix. I'm planning to do my next dive in Saguaro Lake. Normally the visibility is better at Lake Pleasant but Saguaro Lake is closer.

The three-foot visibility on the certification dives didn't bother me because I've been doing a lot of snorkeling at Saguaro Lake, which has a reputation for poor visibility (visualize split pea soup slightly diluted).

John,

Santa Rosa NM (blue hole) might be an option for you too. It looks like it would be about a ten hour drive for you. Blue hole is a artisean well and the vis is usually 50-60 feet. The water temp is always 65 degrees year round. I go down there for certifications and refreshers before going ocean diving.

LGF:
John,

Santa Rosa NM (blue hole) might be an option for you too. It looks like it would be about a ten hour drive for you. Blue hole is a artisean well and the vis is usually 50-60 feet. The water temp is always 65 degrees year round. I go down there for certifications and refreshers before going ocean diving.

That sounds great! I'll add it to my list.

Thank you LGF.

Back
Top Bottom