Just Got My Open Water Certification on the weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SgtBatten

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Thought i might share this with you all.

This was my first go with a new Blurfix lens fitted to my GoPro. I did not use a color filter and have had a go at reducing some of the green in most shots but its not perfect. I know next time to use the green filter.

Hope you Like it

Travis

embedding isn't working for me so here's the direct link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOgTMG5KT4k

Last edited:
@ SgtBatten - Nice! You will enjoy the URPro GR filter in this type of water. Hope you don't mind but I thought I'd embed the video for you.

[video=youtube_share;MOgTMG5KT4k]http://youtu.be/MOgTMG5KT4k[/video]

Congrats very nice, I like how the instructor waited until her hair was tucked in b4 giving her the ok

Cool fish footage too. I liked the urchin drama

Thanks Guys. we had an awesome time.
I wish the shark footage was a bit better but the instructor stopped me moving in closer :p

@ SgtBatten - Nice! You will enjoy the URPro GR filter in this type of water. Hope you don't mind but I thought I'd embed the video for you.

Thanks Aqua. The button in the post options didnt work.

ill grab a GR filter soon :)

Congrats.

Thank for sharing the video!

Congratulations to you and your friends receiving open water certification!

The one thing I noticed with the HD2 using a clear lens tends to get green between 4-15m with the awb beyond that it goes back to blue and above 4m is not too bad and still blue. Same conditions with a HD1 the video will be much more blue and the same water with a cyan filter does correct this pretty well where I dive. I will try the GR vs CY on my next deeper dives to see how it goes and will post some results for anyone interested.

This water is probably closer to what I get at home and its more blue/green then blue or green so maybe either filter will work ok. There are days where the water is very blue in good vis when its more then 15m but we dont get much of that lol, kind of blue green with vis 5-15m and can get quite green if vis is under 5m.

It does make it a little tricky to pick the right filter but Ive never noticed the water to be that green where I thought I should have used a GR filter and the CY has always been good in good light for me Only when the vis is complete poo my eyes saw the water as being green but probably the gr wouldn't help that much anyway in those conditions.

Far out man.. I was watching that shark so intensely and then I just shat my pants..
Glad to see another NSW diver :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom