Just Got This Alert From Old Timers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
A cryptic e-mail this am, all it said was:

Beware in the bay at the moment, visibility is low, currents are up and last night we were out and ran across a couple of large striped toothy types.

They spear about three nights a week.....we don't usually see Tigers in Maunalua Bay. I'll have to ask them what they were dragging around, if anything.

catherine96821:
A cryptic e-mail this am
Cryptic maybe, but that's information I'd definately rather have than not! Low vis and tigers isn't a combination I'd want to mess with. :11:

I need more tiger pics!

MSilvia:
Cryptic maybe, but that's information I'd definately rather have than not! Low vis and tigers isn't a combination I'd want to mess with. :11:
come on show a little backbone :D

:joke: :joke: :joke:

So are tigers more agressive than bulls?

I would say they are not as aggressive as Bulls.

I think they eat a part (arm, leg) and swim away.

Sounds like Bulls are "in your face"

Tigers SEEM to eat you almost by accident....think a surfer is something else, etc.

But..I don't really know.

The ones I hear scarey stories about here is Oceanic White Tips. NOT to be confused with white tips.

Oceanic whitetips can lift their noses out of the water and sniff the air to find prey over greater distances than by following water borne scent trails. May congregate around food sources such as whale carcasses

ugh...shark sniffing the air like a Bloodhound, creepy. Better lay off that cologne David.

And the ones that hang out at the local bars and feed right after dark!

I wouldn't know bout that...I come home at dark.

WC, I have a new boat friend. A PALAuan Boat Captain!...they say they are even better than Alaskan Captains. He just moved here so I have him helping me, we towed the boys on intertubes yesterday.

My son's friend asked "so...are there sharks out here?" and we said "oh yea, really big ones...everywhere" and then we were saying to the one on the boat..."See how he is dangling his hands? well...I wouldn't do that"

he he...torturing children is so fun.

The boys have their kayaks now....

we told them that the sharks can eat them in one bite if they unlock their jaw.

Walter:
You are evil!
:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Pure evil! LOL

Back
Top Bottom