Just Ordered my S95....With ikelite housing. What W/A lens to get guy/gals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It would be very nice to know how well the Inon UWL-H100 M67 works with Canon S95 in an IkeLite housing? And which type to use? Type 1 or Type 2?

- Sam

The lens is convertible between Type 1 and Type 2. You would need the Type 2 for the Ikelite housing. As to how well it would work, I imagine very well since it has a very large rear lens element and is designed for 28mm native camera lenses.

N

This is great, lots of additional info coming out! :)

Now, if someone could please confirm the performance of the UFL-165 + adapter + Ikelite S95...

You are asking me to make an educated guess and my educated guess based on my experience with the UFL165AD and with the UWL100-67 with dome is that yes, the new lens would be a better choice for the S95. Is it worth the additional price, weight and size, don't know. Yeah, I suspect it might be the top lens choice for the S series cameras, especially if mated to the Recsea or FIX housings. Should work on the Ikelite as well and obviously it works with the OEM Canon housing in the bayonet version.

Look, it is a coated glass lens and dome, the UFL165AD and the Fisheye UWL-04 have Plexi domes and are smaller domes, yes, it is a better lens, probably pretty safe to say.

N

Thanks for that. The big weight difference between the two lenses (440g versus 990g with dome) would be a major decider for me, particularly as the compactness and travel friendliness of the Recsea S95 was the reason I bought it in the first place

Hi everyone, just a BIG thank you!!

Based on the info in this thread (and SB), I decided to oneday get the UWL-04 M67, unless a good review came out for Fisheye's new UWL-30 M52...

Last week however, I found a mint condition UWL100-67 for $150- so I grabbed it, and the results are amazing!

The pics are super sharp with no vignetting at 35mm and I might even be able to use it at 31.5mm B)
I say might, because I got so caught up shooting Cowsharks that I forgot to test it properly! Hahaha

I'll post some pics asap

Cheers,
Chris

All of the following pics were taken at Shark Alley, Cape Town, South Africa.

I actually missed most of the great shots! :( This was only my 2nd time diving with the sharks and they're so amazing, that I forgot about the camera and sat there just staring at them! :D

IMG_0700lite.jpg

IMG_0673lite.jpg

IMG_0693lite.jpg

IMG_0704lite.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom