Just purchased our most expensive SCUBA accessory.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How bout this purchase---bought it '94 before it was built...Sundancer Cabana, Roatan...closest house to the water & 60 yds away.....almost exclusively used for scuba(& a few other things---lol)
front.jpg

^^

Holy crapola. I'm on my way down now.

Ya.. lucky you! hahah. .We are 5 plus whoever we invite along. Weekend before last, we had 2 cars and 5 people since I drive a sporty car and the wife has a small sedan.. we both had to haul gear and people to get us all there.

While having to carry the load down a steep rut filled embankment about 70 yards I decided that we should look into getting a vehicle for this purpose. 1 week later we own it. Gotta love it when the significant other works like a team player! More proof that she is THE one for me!

Our kids are 25 and 27, and neither of them are currently interested in learning to dive. Our son says he already has too many hobbies (like that stopped us from diving), and our daughter doesn't even like swimming.

Our large hauler is the "Dog Show van", which needed to be large enough for a couple of medium sized dog crates, accessories, and people. We bought a used Honda Odyssey for that, which is a nice van for schlepping stuff, but lousy for primitive road conditions that require a bit more ground clearance. If we were headed for a dive location that a typical sedan could reach, the Odyssey could handle 7 people and a decent amount of gear, especially since it has a roof rack that could accomodate gear bags, etc.

When we head to Himalaya Bay, Mexico in less than three weeks, we'll take the Tacoma again. My little truck has sufficient ground clearance for the dirt road to the bay, ample room for the dive and camping gear in the bed, and has been the most worry-free vehicle I think I've ever owned.

stomping that massive carbon footprint excites the hell out of me.

If you start feeling guilty about that, I'll sell you some "carbon credits". I'll even send along a fancy sheet saying you helped save the planet from the horrors of global warming. Just let me know how many credits you need. They're $5.00 each.:D

THat's highway robbery dude! I'm selling them for 4 bucks each! And all the money goes where it's supposed to. My gas tank and diesel powered compressor fund!

I have an envoy and really like the space and stomping that massive carbon footprint excites the hell out of me.

Ill see your carbon stomping and add I will be eating STEAKS while driving mine so we can keep the beef and cattle companies going so they keep their methane production up!
hahha

Whats funny are those prius owners who put larger footprints than any SUV just cuase they think they are doing the world better..

Back
Top Bottom