Just returned, Caribe Blu, Blue Angel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Turk9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello All,

Back to the cold and snow of home after a five night stay at Caribe Blu with four decent days of diving with Blue Angel. The hotel was simple, clean, and run by a friendly staff of people. Not the kind of place my non-diving wife would enjoy, but anyone going mostly for the diving would would find accommodating. Quiet and relaxing. The diving was fair. Currents were fairly swift on most dives, but managable. Vis varied from dive to dive. Of course all dives had better vis than I ever see in Lake Michigan. Water temps were in the upper 70's. A 3 mil was comfortable, no chill. The dive masters at Blue Angel were capable and informative. I found the boat captains however to be less helpful than I have experienced elswhere, and on a couple of dives could not be seen in the vicinity of where we surfaced. At first I thought maybe it was that I just had too high of expectations, but there were a couple of other divers who made comments pertaing to the boat captains. So??? At the dive shop, Victor, the young man who runs it, was very helpful and attentative to all the diver's needs. Fortunately, the weather for all four of the days I had planned to dive was very good, 80's and mostly sunny. It seemed to turn on my fly-out day, as the harbor was closed Friday morning.

Would I ever return to Caribe Blu, Blue Angel? Sure! Simple, low cost, no frills hotel and dive operation. Of course if I was going to take my non-diving spouse, then no, I would want more amenities and activities on premises that she could enjoy while I was off diving. I'm thinking that If I get to return later this year, that a stay at the Cozumel Palace would be nice for the wife, and possibly booking with Blue XT Sea for my diving. I happened accross the Blue XT Sea shop and stopped in to meet the owner/operator, Christi. From our short discussion, it sure sounds like a premium operation that covers everything from picking you up at your hotel's dock, to, the handling, storage, and cleaning of your equipment. And this, with all experienced, long term, employees of the shop. What more do you need? Hopefully, I will get to try the Palace and Blue XT Sea out this next November..................

Bye,
AL

Yep, Blue Angel is a low cost operator with basic services, while BlueXTSeadiving is a very popular, high end provider - well worth the extra costs. It just depends on what you want and are willing to pay. Certainly cannot go wrong with BlueXTsea, while I enjoy the low cost, simple boats of Blue Angel.

While we're throwing out names, add Aldora to your look @ list for dive ops.....Little bit more, but per minute under water, bet it's close to some that are mentioned a lot........good luck & maybe we can give each other the AOK sign under water sometime........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom