Just some understandings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cheesewhiz,

For starters, the other agencies (with the possible exception of IANTD) advocate deep air/nitrox -- GUE is dead set against it (for obvious reasons). They also teach proper decompression techniques and procedures (proper gasses, deco profiles, etc). Also, GUE sets very high standards for their students to achieve in order to pass.

GUE's motto seems to be "either do it right, or don't do it at all". They seem much more interested in putting out quality students than lots of students. If you can't afford trimix diving, their classes, and the proper equipment, then they'll say go somewhere else and take your chances. I respect that.

Mike

Originally posted by Lost Yooper
If you can't afford trimix diving, their classes, and the proper equipment, then they'll say go somewhere else and take your chances
Funny you should mention cost. GUE appears to be about the cheapest way to get into Trimix. Whereas other agencies have about 78 classes before you get to Normoxic Trimix (“K valve manipulator” -- $200, “advanced K valve manipulator” - $200, “H valve manipulator” -- $300, and finally “Isolation manifold manipulator” - $400, requiring two weeks of classroom training and seven checkout dives – yes, I’m joking), GUE’s Tech 1 brings you right up to Normoxic Trimix in one class.

However, cost is NOT the reason I like GUE and when I get some time tomorrow I’ll answer your question, CW...

Roak

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom