Just when you thought Paris Hilton was scary...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCUBAJENNIFER:
Kim how many people do you have for your Komodo trip?
A few vaguely interested but confirmed unfortunately none. It's beginning to look a little doubtful as I have to pay 10% of the whole cost (non-refundable) to reserve the boat and I can't do that without at least a few people committed. I don't mind taking SOME risk...but 100%? I can't do that.

Kim:
A few vaguely interested but confirmed unfortunately none. It's beginning to look a little doubtful as I have to pay 10% of the whole cost (non-refundable) to reserve the boat and I can't do that without at least a few people committed. I don't mind taking SOME risk...but 100%? I can't do that.
i know the feeling.. thats why i concentrating on land based at the moment...

Kim:

I'd kill someone to go back...seriously! :D But next year just isn't going to happen for me. I was actually supposed to be on the Mermaid last year but their engines were sabotaged on the crossing from Thailand. My agent got in touch with the TemuKira the day I landed in Bali and they agreed to take just me and another guest. It was awesome.

Mike Veitch:
bitter? heck no..

some teams at least made the super bowl.... :)

We'll see who makes it this year!!

Mike Veitch:
i know the feeling.. thats why i concentrating on land based at the moment...
Yes...I'm a little surprised as it's rather a good deal and a great location!. Considering how many members this board is supposed to have you'd think it would be easy. Maybe if it was closer to the time more would be interested but then it's too late. To book a decent liveaboard just for yourself you need to be months ahead.......to book the whole boat!!!!!! I've probably got about another month in time (not sure) but after that it's probably over. Oh well.....

Kim:
Yes...I'm a little surprised as it's rather a good deal and a great location!. Considering how many members this board is supposed to have you'd think it would be easy. Maybe if it was closer to the time more would be interested but then it's too late. To book a decent liveaboard just for yourself you need to be months ahead.......to book the whole boat!!!!!! I've probably got about another month in time (not sure) but after that it's probably over. Oh well.....

I would have signed up, but I'm already booked for Komodo for next April/May.
I'm booking trips for 2008 now, 2007 is full. I like to plan ahead. :14:

Kim:
We're interested.

Possible dealbreaker: El Zee doesn't like currents. Would that be an issue?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom