K-10 hydrospeeder - very rare!!

Discussion in 'Classifieds: Other Gear and Multiple Items' started by Quasar00, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Quasar00

Quasar00 Guest

VERY RARE - K10 Hydrospeeder - WHITE - at low PRICE Seen in second tomb raider movie, the ultimate in Diver Propulsion Vehicle, the K-10 Hydrospeeder is an underwater motorcycle. This Unit was purchased from factory in 2000, and spent much of the last 10 years on display in a SCUBA shop. When not there, its been Garage kept! It's been in the water twice, fresh water both times. It uses 6 12v trolling motor batteries in series, in 2 battery boxes. It needs 5 batteries that can be purchased from boat dealer or Amazon, and potentially some o-ring replacements when presure tested.. The 6th Battery was replaced last year and charges fine. The original 36V charger for the batttery boxes is included, along with insturctional DVD and original manual. This DPV uses off the shelf parts found in any machine shop, and very easy to work on.. A great description of the K-10 can be found on 2006 Scubaboard if you google K10 Hydrospeeder (was asking $8500). This is the ultimate reef cruiser!**$2650 or offer**. St. Augustine, FL- Shipable thru freight for $220 packing + shipping. This is the lowest price I've ever seen one sell for! If you know what this is, you know the value! Will send pics on request.

2. Speedster00

Speedster00 Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Some pictures would be a big help.

Is this picture like it? -- I thought the ones on Tomb Raider were cooler for some reason ?

[​IMG]

3. tomboyy

tomboyy Carnival ride inspector ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    has to be the dumbest thing people write when selling something.

what we can't see what we want to buy unless we promise we are interested ?

4. Gdon

Gdon Regular of the Pub

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I'll save the rest of you from having to Google..
    Hydrospeeder

AND

Photos

I don't know if this is the same one thats for sale or not. (And I don't really care now that Iv'e seen the pics)

5. Quasar00

Quasar00 Guest

Tom,

Pardon me for not being "board literate" on how to place pics. It appears your point in pointing out "dumb" is to point out that you're not? Chill, and try helping before condemning.

beautybelow likes this.
  6. Quasar00

Quasar00 Guest

This is it, I'll shrink and post the others later. Thanks for prompting me to figure out how.

Attached Files:

7. Quasar00

Quasar00 Guest

And some more...

Attached Files:

8. on_two_wheels

on_two_wheels Single Diver

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Think the local dive boats would mind if I bring that on board? Is there a biker bar at 2 ATA? :D

9. Quasar00

Quasar00 Guest

lol Not that I've run into, but sounds like a business opportunity to me. At the very least, the potential new genre of tats would be refreshing. As for local dive boats, that would depend on the boat, I think. It's unusual enough that some wouldn't mind, just to see it operate. But it's not a drift diving vehicle, it's a reef cruiser or fresh water bottom cruiser. Search and recovery, or anything that needs to cover more bottom in a shorter amount of time. It has commercial diving use potential.

10. Quasar00

Quasar00 Guest

11. RonzoTheGreat

RonzoTheGreat Surface Interval Member

a real shame for a comment like that to someone with only 6 posts .... i agree... although it is annoying when people dont post pics, it doesnt take more than 2 heartbeats to notice the thread starter is new to the board.

ugh

12. RonzoTheGreat

pretty cool article
    i happen to be off holbox last year and can tell you that if he was able to keep up with a whale shark for 15 minutes that impressive speed, never mind 3 hours. that sounds perplexing. this "tail" will be quite the piece of equipment should it be as reasonably priced as he claims..... thanks for the cool read

13. DennisS

DennisS Great White

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    If only it had 4 wheels, drive it across the sand into the water, finish the dive and drive out. It looks a little heavy for carrying.

14. D_B

D_B Biilápache, Dii Shodah? ScubaBoard Sponsor

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Too cool

prompted a thought ... Gray wetsuit, Voit fins, Round mask, Double hose regulator , and that K-10 .... Mike Nelson

15. Quasar00

Quasar00 Guest

Actually there is a strap-on pair of inflatable kayak wheels that go with it. You can't ride it down hills, but easily pushes around like a wheel barrow. Can always add another pair.

16. Quasar00

Quasar00 Guest

lol and a tux under the wet suit.

17. EddieDeepDiver

EddieDeepDiver Guest

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Hi,

Do you still have the speeder?

Eddie

18. RonzoTheGreat

eddie there is very literally one on ebay right now ... but take note that the thread you posted on is 10 months cold ... so doubtful they will reply ...
    also, the guy on ebay listed it about 2 months ago for $5500 and has relisted it about 7 times and it is now down to about $3600 but looks clean ... way out of my pricerange but cool all the same

19. RonzoTheGreat

20. diversteve

diversteve Administrator Staff Member

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!